Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010

Without a doubt, 2010 has had it's ups and downs but thank goodness we are all healthy and happy.  Some of the highlights for me have been our vacation to Disneyland in February, our vacation to San Diego in October and our numerous camping trips.  As wonderful as those trips were, I truly cherish our quiet relaxing days home when we are all off together and just 'hang out'.  As difficult as my kids can be at times, they really are fun to be around ... and make me laugh for sure. 

The only resolution I have for 2011 is to live one day at a time.  My recent health scare has taught me to cherish each day because you just never know what the future will bring.  I'm not paranoid, just more aware of how precious our health is.  During the past few months I've discovered something about myself, that I'm a worrier.  I think I've always been that way ... and I'm learning techniques on how to change that.  I guess at 37, I'm still a work in progress. 

I'm ending the year with some of M's artwork.  I'm so proud of both of my kids.  M's doing great in school.  He's a whiz at math, getting A's on his spelling tests, passed all of his 1st and 2nd grade words (and is now working on enrichment words) and is reading.  Really reading, it's amazing.  What I didn't realize is that while I read to the kids at night, he is reading right along with me.  Last night he actually corrected a word that I misread so I tested him a little later in the book and said frightened instead of scared and he stopped me in my tracks and said, "it said scared, Mom!"  If there's one thing I'm most proud of as parents, it's that Brian and I read to our kids every night.  We may skip it on nights when we come home really late or something but that's very rare (I like my kids to go to bed EARLY).  We started reading to the kids right after they were born. 

K's doing great in school as well.  She can write her entire alphabet and whips through preschool workbooks with ease.  She knows beginning sounds very well and is working on ending sounds.  She loves going to school and is also a big help around the house.  She actually likes doing chores ... one day I made the mistake of punishing the kids for fighting with chores.  She finished hers right away and then asked for more chores!  M ... not so much!  She's not afraid to get dirty and really scrub.  She also enjoys feeding and helping with Lucy and Roscoe ... even cleaning the litter box.


This is a ceramic tile that M painted in school and gave us for Christmas.  He was very proud that he did it all by himself and even wrapped it.


M made this in Art Class.  How cute, huh?


2011 ... bring it on!!!!

No comments: