Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lake Shasta

Last weekend we went up to Misty's parents house near Redding to celebrate the 4th of July.  Brian had to work.  They rented a patio boat to take out on Lake Shasta.  It was a great trip.  They have 85 acres and have a pool, dogs, a quad, a Kubota, a jet ski, a river to fish in and tons of other stuff to do.  M really had a great time.  K especially loved the dogs.  M went fishing with Scott (Misty's husband) and caught his first fish.  Scott took a picture on his phone but it was too pixelated to post. 


M is getting ready to go fishing.  They ride down on the Kubota.  He is pictured with one of Misty's family friends.  Scott took his bull whip up there and M took it everywhere.



We rode down on the quad with Misty's Dad.  K's such a dare-devil.  She loved it and wasn't scared a bit.



Misty and I before we got on the boat.  Happy 4th of July!!



Misty's friend Macy was out visiting from Texas.  We pulled them in this little boat.  K's all smiles again.



Love him.  He has been such a good boy since school's been out and not nearly as grouchy.  I think he just gets over-tired during the school year.



Misty took me out on the jet ski and tried to do a 360.  As you can see, it didn't turn out well this time but the next time we nailed it.  The kids both want a jet ski now and while driving home M said he was going to talk Brian into it.



Chillin'.



K and B blowing bubbles.



Love this one too.



John (Misty's Dad) and K heading out.  She kept asking him to go faster.  Fearless - that girl.



I finally convinced M to try it and then he was hooked.  He loved it and kept pestering everyone to take him out on the jet ski for the rest of the day.  He is so cautious like me (which isn't necessarily a good thing).  While I was on the back of the jet ski with Misty I couldn't help but think of a closed head injury.  Just the nurse in me, I guess.  Maybe I'm just getting older.



M fell asleep on the way back in because he was so exhausted.  I had a hard time waking him up and getting him to walk to the car.  That kid can sleep through anything ... smoke alarms, house alarms and fire engines.



The kids took a bath when we got back.


Funnies ... K asked me to turn on House Hunters on HGTV this AM.  We love guessing which house they will pick.

Brian gave me a kiss the other day and K said, "Why don't you guys just get married??  Let's have a wedding today."  She's a crack up lately.

Been busy packing for our next trip ... camping.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I love summertime!!