Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Santa Cruz

It's amazing to me that I can blog while sitting in a lawn chair in the middle of a campground while surrounded by huge redwoods.  I can't help it.  We are camping near Santa Cruz in Felton, CA.  The kids are asleep and Brian went down to shower.  We got here yesterday and it has been so nice to all be together.  Yesterday we hung around the campground ... M and K both found friends.  There are tons of kids here and they are all out riding their bikes and scooter.  They have a club house with movies in the evenings, ping pong, games and a heated pool that's just awesome.  Even K can touch the bottom.  I just got out of the shower and didn't put any bug repellent on so I'm sure I'm being eaten alive right now but I'm all clean and I don't want to.  There is a little creek basically running through our campsite ... wonderful but brings lots of mosquito's.  I'm sure I'll get West Nile Virus ... OK stop being a nurse again ... or hypochondriac as Brian says.  I'm sitting here all alone and was just scared to death when a cat jumped on the table (didn't know it was a cat at first).

Today we had an easy breakfast at camp and then headed to the beach.  We immediately saw a pod of dolphins and later saw sea lions (and abalone divers that we thought were sea otters).  Afterwards, we went to the beach ... the kids loved running in and out of the water and building sand castles.  We were at the beach/pier all day and had already decided we were eating out for dinner so we found the coolest microbrewery that served food and it happened to be happy hour.  Came back to camp, showered some filthy kids and easily put them to bed because they were so exhausted.  By the way, M slept until 8:45 today.  He's never slept that late at home. 

Tomorrow we plan to ride our bikes, swim and hang around camp.

I'll post pictures when I get home.  Brian just lit a huge campfire and I'm going to go enjoy it.

No comments: