Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another road trip ...

Brian worked a 96 hour stretch last week and since I was off, I decided to pack up and head to Clovis to visit my longtime friend, Dina.  We met in 1993 in the LVN Program.  We don't get together as often as we used to but when we do it's just like old times.  She has 3 girls (ages 6, 4 and 1).  K absolutely loved all the girl things ... M had a great time as well.  The kids were excellent, Dina and I were able to just catch up.



Don't let the innocent faces fool ya.



Popcorn and movie time.  They watch Alvin and the Chipmunks.



After swimming, they ALL took a bubble bath.  I told M he didn't have to get in with the girls if he was uncomfortable but he wanted to ... so he wore his swim trunks and thank goodness doesn't notice the girls' anatomy.



Silly faces.



Pool time.







M modeling for the camera.



DOGPILE!!!!!!!!!!


I should be busy packing ... we're going away on yet another trip.  This time the kids are going to be with Grammy and Grandpa and Brian and I will have 3 days ALONE together.  I haven't seen him much since our camping trip to Santa Cruz so some quality time will be nice.  We are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary (which is Aug 3).  I completely adore the kids ... but we desperately need a break.

Last night we had a get together at K's soccer coach's house and because they live close by we rode our bikes over there.  The kids played and we all got to know each other and then we had ice cream sundae's (I didn't ... on the healthy train again).  Well, K was out kicking the ball around with the boys and let me tell you, I think she's going to be really good.  She's so aggressive and can really dribble the ball.  Never played soccer in my life, is that what it's called?  Or just a basketball term?  Well, on the way home, I had the bright idea to ride our bikes around the block.  About 10 houses down, K took a huge header, scraped her knee up and refused to ride her bike home.  M was such a good boy and rode her bike home for me and then walked back (I still have my infant seat on the back of my bike).  We'll he had just about gotten back to us and he was wearing flip-flops and slipped (big-time) and knocked the wind out of himself and landed right on his tailbone.  He was overtired and had a little breakdown and refused to walk or ride his bike home.  He was sobbing!  What could I do?  Neither of them would walk!  After about 15 minutes of frustration with him, I had to leave him there and ride my bike home as fast as I could to get my car and go get him.  What a day.  KIDS, ugh!

Well, the rat race is starting again real soon.  They start soccer practice next wee, then school the following week and 2 more weeks of swim lessons.  I didn't think that through very well.  We didn't want anything during the summer so we could travel but I hadn't thought about soccer.  K will have 1 hour practices on T/Th and M will have 1 1/2 hour practices on M/W ... plus games on the weekends.  For 2 weeks we are going to have to race right from swim to soccer ... plus fit in school, dinner and homework.  I can't imagine having more kids.  How could we do it?

M's been too much lately.  I was doing the Wii Fit today and he ran outside and got my kettle bell and began to do swings (an exercise) with it.  He was serious to.  Before bed, I caught him flexing his muscles in the mirror.

Another funny.  BOYS.  The other morning I woke up to M holding dead rabbit skin and fur in front of my face to show me!  He and Brian had found it during their bike-ride.  Eeeew.  He'll also pick up disgusting bugs and bring them over to me to look at.

K's been eating a ton of carrots so she can "see better".  She's so proud that she's in "Pre-K" now and tells just about everyone she sees.  M can be such a stinker ... he'll tell her, "it's just preschool K."  Then they argue about it.

Sorry if I'm rambling ... it's 11:00 at night and it's been a looong day.  K's been a hand full lately ... to put in mildly.  .I better get to bed.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love your rambling... cute pictures too! I can't imagine how I am gonna have 3 kids with all the activities in their future?! Good luck with your crazy 2 weeks!