Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend getaway to Lake Tahoe

Brian's parents watched the kids last weekend so Brian and I could spend some time alone for our 8 year anniversary.  We haven't been out of town alone since sometime last year when we had an overnight in San Francisco.  Rest and relaxation was what we were looking for (with a little gambling too ... come on ... you know me).  We gambled for a while on the first night and came out $100 ahead.  It was a great night.



We went on the Tahoe Queen for a dinner cruise.  I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to talk to each other.  It was fun ... I'm glad we went but the food wasn't very good!!  Self portrait time.



Emerald bay at dusk.



We took a hike to Fallen Leaf Lake and then onto Floating Island Lake.  This is Fallen Leaf Lake with Lake Tahoe in the background.  So, so beautiful.



The 2 of us.



Floating Island Lake.  Why is it called that?  I didn't seen any island ... maybe because it is supposed to resemble an island.  I don't know.



Another one.



Having cocktails at the Cabo Wabo Cantina.  I'm not the slightest bit intoxicated in this phot.  Brian's cheek is pushing my right eyelid down.  Just have to clear that up.


WARNING.  My mother called me the other day and suggested that I start posting/talking more about us (Brian and I).  She thought that when the kids were grown, they'd love to hear more about our interests and lives.  I have to say that I agree ... I'd love to know more about my dad.  Sooo, I'm going to make an effort to do that.  If it's boring to you all, I'm sorry ... just skip over it.  I may even interview Brian or something.  He'd love that (not).

1 comment:

chanelbagmall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.