Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Playtime with Lucy

The kids really enjoy playing with Lucy (or Lucifer as Brian prefers to call her).  She's been a great addition to our family.  Lots of fun ... we love to watch her try to catch flies.  She's about 10 months old now and is still small ... I love that.  Cats are easy pets to have ... the only thing she does that is absolutely driving me crazy is that she is scratching our furniture (luckily my furniture is pretty well worn out and I'm wanting new stuff) but still, I'm trying to take care of what I've got!!  I've clipped her nails and gotten her a scratching post ... none of which seems to be helping.  I may try that double sided tape.  Any ideas? 


One of my other pets.



Uh-oh K ... watch out.



K was giggling like crazy in this one.



Lucy jumped up on the top of the box ... trying any way she could to get in.



K cracking up.  Lucy had jumped around on the top.



Best friends.


Funny thing.  Last night K was just exhausted and I guess couldn't find anything to cry about so began crying about the fact that there aren't K Jars.  How come there are M Jars but no K Jars.  "It's not fair."  Of course, M's on the couch antagonizing her by saying, "No K, there isn't such a thing as K Jars, just M Jars."  Stinker. 

1st Grade has been going well.  He absolutely loves his teacher.  She's wonderful.  I can't wait to see what's to come this year.  K's doing well in "Pre-K" as she loves to call it.  She tells everyone.  She'll finally write her "K".  When Teacher Michelle or I would ask her to write her name she wouldn't write her "K" and would say that she's too tired or she can't do it or give us some other kind of excuse.  Frustrating.

Another funny story about K.  While at Jim's softball tournament a few weeks ago in Davis, K heard all of us talking about the city and said, "I'm going to go to UC Davis for college!  For veterinarian school, right Mama?"  It was adorable.  She's sure that's where she's going so we better start putting MORE money away for college. 

M funny now.  I know I've been posting more pictures and stuff of K but it's just because I'm with her more with M being back in school and all.  Well, the other night we (OK Brian) forgot his swim goggles for swim lessons so he had to wear K's pink/purple ones.  He wasn't happy about it but he loves goggles, so he wore them anyway.  M's swim teacher was laughing and said that M said, "I bet you're wondering about the swim goggles, huh?  He had the funniest smirk on his face.  He can be SO funny.

No comments: