Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Miscellaneous

My mom wanted to take the kids for the weekend so I have the day to myself.  I work 12 hours tomorrow.  I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning last night cleaning/organizing my closet and I can't believe how good it looks.  (Thanks Mom) 

Here are a few snapshots that I've taken of the kids over the past few weeks. 


Cute one of K.  She is finally smiling normal for pictures.



We were shoe shopping for K the other day and she came across shoes that were "just like" mine.  She just had to have them and insists we both wear ours often.




M fell while we were shoe shopping and hit the metal hooks.  Poor thing.  He had this big scratch on his face for the first day of school.



Brian found an awesome website for buying discounted sporting equipment (good stuff) so he bought the kids some new ski goggles.  They got a kick out of trying them on and have been asking to go skiing.




Actually touching each other.  Lately, the only time they will



K was in school one morning and I let M choose what he wanted to do.  Would you believe that he wanted to take his camera to Old Sacramento to take photographs?  Oh yeah ... he's just like me.  We had the best time walking around, taking pictures of everything.  He talked me into going to the Train Museum, Evangeline's Costume store and Candy Heaven.  It was a great morning.  He's so much better when he's not competing with K for attention.  Here's a phot of his with a scary mask on.


1st grade has been going well so far.  I love his new teacher and so does he.  She sent a paper bag home and asked M to fill it up with things that describe him and bring it take to school.  He took back his photo album (because he loves taking pictures), his small microscope (because he's so observant) and his Lego guy riding on a motorcycle (because he's so fast!).  How cute is he. 

Also during the Open House, we were able to read some of the work he'd done.  They had an "All About Me" book and M had written that he either wants to be an Archaeologist or a ROCK STAR!!  Where did that come from?
Lots more to blog about but I want to go get my chores done around here while my helpers are gone.  Have you seen the Bernie Mac where he tries to motivate the kids help around the house so he makes a holiday called "Fix em' up, clean em' up day?"  Well, I'm having a holiday today.

No comments: