Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

M's a big First Grader

I've lost my blogging mojo lately.  I have not been in the mood to blog or even take pictures.  Last weekend we went to Shasta Lake (beautiful) and didn't take a SINGLE PICTURE!!  It was our last getaway before M started school.  We camped with my friend Misty and her husband and kids, Misty's parents and Grandma and our friends Anna and Alex.  We relaxed by the water, rode the wave runner and just hung out.  We all had a great time. 

M had a meet and greet with his new teacher yesterday.  I can already tell that she's going to be wonderful.  She seems enthusiastic and great with the kids.  She even sent M a postcard last week in the mail.  It read as follows.

Dear Mason,

Welcome to our first grade family!  First grade is a fun and exciting year.  I can't wait to meet you and our new friends on Wednesday!

Smiles,
Mrs. _____

How cool is that? I don't remember teachers sending me postcards in the mail when I was in school. He had his 1st day today and came running in to tell me that she is soooooo nice. He said he liked her a lot.


A cute one of them at the Meet and Greet.



M and one of his buddies from last year.  Glad they are in the same classroom again.  Boys will be boys!  Silly.  The classroom was so cute ... each table even has centerpieces!



My big boy.  All grown up ... I have to admit ... I had to hold back the tears just a little.



See what I mean about the classroom.  She has lamps everywhere and everything is neatly labeled and in it's place (and I mean everything) even the kids supplies.  It's warm and cozy.



Books ... neatly sorted.  Is this classroom ready for 20 first graders?!?



Cozy.



Looks like a lot of fun to me.



My big boy and I.

I worked last night until 1:30 am and had to rush to get ready this morning.  I was lethargic.  Of course, we were behind on time so I only had a second or two to get a picture.  Thank goodness, I got some yesterday.  I think I must have my white balance set on cloudy or something because they all turned out blue.  Oh well, what can I do?  He's still using his Star Wars backpack and his Scooby-Doo lunch box because he didn't want new ones.  I thought for sure he'd want a new lunch box but he couldn't find one he liked.


He looks so much more grown up than he did last year at this time.



His 1st day of school picture from last year (Kindergarten).

No comments: