Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Monterey

Wow, I think this the longest I've gone without blogging since I started 2 years ago!!  We've been busy, busy with fun stuff.  Summer vacation ... woo-hoo.  We've been camping, going to movies, birthday parties, Monterey Bay Aquarium, swimming just about every day and to Lake Shasta for the 4th of July ... along with lots of fun things around the house.  M's only been out of school for 2 1/2 weeks.  We're loving it and haven't touched a workbook or sight word list since he got out, but probably should start doing a little something so he doesn't forget it all.  He's been reading SO WELL and tonight read Ten Apples Up on Top by Dr. Seuss.  It took him 12 minutes but he did it perfectly.  I'm so proud of him.  He's enjoying being able to read signs.

Brian went on his annual fishing trip with his buddies last week so my Mom came up and we went on a road trip to Monterey.  We had no traffic, the kids were excellent on the drive and the hotel was awesome.  Good times.


We rented a Surrey.  It was so much fun.  They are kind of difficult to steer.  The bike path had posts that were 6 feet apart and the surrey is 5 feet wide!  My mom had a pretend steering wheel and repeatedly tried to steer if she felt I wasn't doing a good enough job.  Funny story ... there were some Army men/women running along the bike path and K began yelling "hustle up" to them.  Everyone got a good laugh out of it.  Before long, even M was joining in.  Oh, then they started roaring at everyone.  Obnoxious I know but it was too funny.



A picture of us at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.



Granny and M at Bubba Gumps.  If you ever go, get the Fish'n'Chips.  So good.



K choking me.



Finally a good one of her.  Out of nowhere, she began posing.



It's like pulling teeth to get a photo of them together but here's one.



Another cute one of her trying to be a supermodel.



Silly M.



M LOVES to take photographs.  Just like me.  I let him use one of my old cameras and he took over 100 pictures at the Aquarium.  While shooting outside, he said, "I think there's too much light out here."  So cute.  He kept calling me over and showing me the pictures he shot.  He'd look at his camera and say, "Got it."  I enjoyed bonding with him.  K liked the Aquarium but no where near as much as M.  She's a little young.



He got the shot.



They have a glass ceiling in one of the areas and the waves come crashing in over your head.  Well, K got the biggest kick out of it and giggled like crazy.  I wish I'd gotten it on video.



Monterey is beautiful.


re the way, K weighs 39 pounds and M weighs 46.5 pounds.  They're getting soooo big and are at a great age right now.  Fun to be around ... for the most part easy to take places.  I am loving it.

Took the kids to see Toy Story 3 the other day.  By far the best kids movie I've seen in a long time, if not ever.  We saw it in 3D and went to a matinee and it cost us $46.00! Are you kidding me?  That's just ridiculous.

No comments: