Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last weekend, we went camping at Collins Lake which is just outside of Marysville.  We wanted to go somewhere close because M had school that day.  It was a great place to camp.  Quiet, nice campsites, a great beach area and an ice cream shop with the yummiest ice cream.  I wouldn't recommend going there in full summer because I bet it would be very hot.  Our campsite had nice shade but it was still warm in the trailer.  The first day, we were all a bit tired and grouchy and Brian and I even went to bed at 9 pm ... the same time the kids did.  On Saturday, we were all rested and had a much better time.  I had been going on 5 hours of sleep a night all week and although Brian can do that, I can't. 


Both kids couldn't wait to go fishing.  We let K try to fish ONCE with a hook and she hooked the back of her shirt and almost her head!!  She was crazy (Crazy K).  From then on out, K just fished with a bobber.



M is very good at casting.  Everyone that walks by comments about how good he is.  He enjoyed fishing with lures most because then he can reel it in and cask over and over again.  I wish the kids would have gotten at least a bite ... would love it if they had caught a fish.  It was fun none the less.



Wish I could have been in this one.







When we go camping, Brian usually lets M drive through the campground.  He LOVES it.  We're going to let K try next time.



Brian speeds up.  He's having so much fun.



Laughing ... watch the road!! 



Roscoe got a workout also.  The only time he'll fetch is in the water.


Today is M's first day of summer vacation.  So far, so good but I think it's going to be a long one.  Bittersweet for me.  I love not being so busy but M is used to being busy all the time and is going to want us to entertain him all day.  I've already gotten an, "I'm bored!"  I plan to get through it will lots of play dates with his buddies.  K's at preschool today and M seems to enjoy that.  He's never gotten to be at home while K was at school. 

No comments: