Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aunt Sue's Glasses

My sister came up to visit last week and left her reading glasses here.  Well, the kids have been having a blast playing with them.  (Sorry Sue ... they're cheap right?)  M put them on, grabbed his sword and ran upstairs to see himself.  Thanks goodness my camera was handy because he was hilarious. 


Looking in the mirror.



He's such a crack-up.



Looks like he's up to bat but he's preparing to slice me in half.



Things have been good around here lately.  We finally (after 8 or 9 days) had a sunny day yesterday so the kids and I went over to Misty's house with the scooters.  They had a great time (as did I) being outdoors.  M has really gotten good at riding his Razor Scooter.  I may get him another one because the height of the handlebars isn't adjustable on the one he has and it's pretty tall.  K rides M's old Spiderman Scooter and loves it.  I don't think it bothers her one bit to be riding his hand-me-down.  She makes me a nervous wreck ... she doesn't have the best balance and yet she tries to do what the other kids do like barreling down the steep driveway.  She has no fear.

I'm packing for a weekend getaway to San Diego to visit Dyan this weekend.  I can't wait to see her, catch up and have some girl time.  Hopefully we'll also have warm, sunny weather.  Brian is staying home with the kids ... I'm sure they'll do something fun though.  I have the most wonderful husband in the world ... really I do.  We are a good team.  I finished reading Twilight the other day and am going to start reading New Moon as soon as I can find the time.  Misty came over and we watched the Twilight movie last night.  I liked it, it wasn't quite what I was expecting but good none the less.

Homework continues to be a struggle with M.  I told him this morning that his homework was going to be easy tonight.  He looked at me and said, "Just because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it's easy for me!"  He just has to write down what time he wakes up, has lunch, dinner and goes to bed.

No comments: