Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome 2010

Welcome 2010 ... it's gonna be a good year, I just know it.  2009 was a pretty awesome year for us also.  We were busy, busy with many fun trips.  Washington DC, Las Vegas, Brian's fishing trip, San Francisco several times, day trips, many camping trips and more.  Brain got me a trip for Christmas (now I just have to decide where).  I'm thinking Hawaii ... something tropical and relaxing this time.  We already have a family vacation to Disneyland planned for February.  We're not telling the kids until we get there.  How cool is that?

A few days ago, we too the kids ice skating at the outdoor ice rink downtown.  M saw it recently and couldn't wait to try it.  Well, we had a good time but it definitely wasn't easy.  I'm not very good and the kids were terrible.  The only one that could skate was Brian (hockey player) so he was the one that had to take the kids around a gazillion times.  He ended up pulling a trapezius muscle and had to take Ibuprofen after.  K absolutely loved it and wanted to go over and over but then again she has no fear.  M and I - we're the careful ones.  By the end, he got the hang of it a little but I don't think he'd want to try it again anytime soon.



A great one of the boys.





A self-portait of the girls.




M's not so sure.





K said, "it sure is slippery."




Finally at the end, he tried it a little while by himself.  He fell once or twice but we didn't end up in the ED or anything.  All is well.




K's turn AGAIN.  See why he injured his back?



M's such a safe kid.  Yesterday he was eating an apple while sitting on my lap.  I tried to pull him down to lie him back on me and he turned around, gave me this look and said, "Mom, I can't lay back ... I'm eating an apple and could choke!!!"  Brian's taking him snow skiing on Thursday.  We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

How fun! I still have never tried ice skating..hope Brian is feeling better! Let us know how the skiing goes, we were talking about taking Dax next year, to a little school or something - he LOVES the snow!