Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The things they say ...

I gave M a big hug at bedtime and he squeezed me and said, "You're the best."  I hugged him tighter and told him that HE was the best and that I would never love anything more than my kiddos.  Then he said, "Aren't you forgetting someone ... like Daddy and Roscoe."  I of course, told him that I loved them too.  Then he said, "I love Santa, the Earth, and Mom and Dad the best."  In that order, by the way. 

The dinosaur book we read tonight had a photograph of a dinosaur that was laying in rubble with flames all around it.  He asked me if I thought the dinosaur was dead and without really thinking about it, I said it looked like it.  He looked at the picture and said, "If I was there, I would get a big fire hose and put all of that fire out" and I realized his voice was quivering a little and he was choked up.  Before I knew it, a tear ran down his cheek and he looked away.  I love the fact that he can be so sensitive and sweet sometimes.

Before bed he said he was going to get up EARLY in morning to come in and snuggle with me.  I giggled and said not early please but I have a feeling I'll be seeing him bright and early.

No comments: