Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent Thanksgiving in Minden, NV with Brian's family.  Thank goodness Brian got the day off, he was supposed to work.  The hotel we usually stay at closed down which was really a blessing because we stayed at a lovely hotel called The Genoa Country Inn in the quaint town of Genoa.  The rooms were wonderful and there was enough snow to play in.  By far the coolest part for me about staying in Genoa was that deer roam around freely there.  We saw at least 15 deer while we were there, we saw a few from the window in our hotel room.  They aren't scared of you and are generally in no big hurry to get anyway.  Amazing.


Such a sweet picture of the kids.



My angels.


A great picture of Brian and is mother, Carol.  I've heard some horror stories from friends of mine about their relationships with their Mother-n-laws.  Carol and I get along well and are also friends.  I'm blessed to have such a wonderful Mother-n-law.  Thank you Carol for all of your help and advice over the past few months. 



M was obsessed with throwing snowballs.  6 year old boys can be quite annoying!



The snow was so dry and powdery that we couldn't make a snowman.  It was so pretty, almost like glitter.  Grandpa made it snow for K and she got a good giggle out of it.



A cute one.



I thought it would be wonderful to have a nice picture taken with my husband with this gorgeous background.  It started out OK, we weren't entirely happy with this one so decided to have Grandpa take another one .... scroll down.



Like I said, 6 year old boys!  Ugh.  He thought it was the funniest thing ever and he got me right in the face.  Paybacks buddy.



My reaction.  Ha, ha, Brian.  It's all fun and games when it's someone else, right?  Just kidding. 



M loved eating the icicles.  Of course, we didn't let him try and eat this one ... it was a weapon!!



K and Grandpa.



My boys.



Sneaky K trying to get me with a BIG snowball.



I love this one.  They (more in the back of the picture) weren't afraid of us at all.



Grammy and K.  Sweet.



A family picture gone wrong.  The kids were done and refused to cooperate.



We had Thanksgiving dinner at La Ferme in Genoa.  Delicious french cuisine.  We had several courses and were there 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  The kids were so well behaved the entire time.  I mean really good.  The owner even came over and commented on how well behaved M was. 



A picture of us at dinner.



Group photo.  It's so much fun there because of all of the people.  I'm thankful.


No comments: