Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Tree Hunting in Apple Hill

On our way home from Minden, we stopped at Apple Hill to get our Christmas Tree.  We always go to Smart's Family Tree Farm.  It was the first time we'd been up there while there was snow on the ground and it was beautiful and so much fun.  Of course, M and I had a snowball fight and I think I got him back for the huge snowball to the face!  We found the most gorgeous 12 foot tree right away.




K poses for the camera.


Great one of M.  He is so photogenic.


Don't look at me.  I wasn't looking great for the camera!!  I still love having my picture taken with the kids.


O' Christmas Tree.  Isn't she lovely?


Look at that sneaky face?  He's on a mission.  K was pretending she was "Run, Run, Rudolph".  She loves that song.



He got me again.


Brian teased M and said he was going to put him in the snow head first and M didn't think he could!  It was hysterical.  (He didn't really do it)


Love ya, sweet girl.


I have to brag for a moment.  M is doing so well in school.  He recently had his first spelling test and got them all correct (as well as most of the enrichment words).  He knows all of his first grade sight words (easily reads them in a second or two) so he came home with a second grade sight word list yesterday of approximately 75 words.  I read through them with him and he only missed one (shall).  He breezed right through them!   His teacher recently started sending Level 3 books home in his Book Buddy Bag.  He has been reading Level 2 books and not needing ANY help with words.  I'm so proud of him ... and his behavior at school is so good.  We recently had a conference with his teacher and she said he meets or exceeds all the expectations.  She said he's a great listener, has many friends and is a joy to have in the classroom.  It made us so proud.

K is the sweetest.  I mean it.  I really hope she stays this way and I think she will, I really do.  I told her this morning how happy she makes me.  She looked at me and said, "You make me happy ... even when the sky is gray."  She often blows me a kiss from across the room, always wants to hold my hand and practically follows me from room to room.  (that's a bit annoying, I have to admit)  She will typically come into my room in the morning and say, "Good morning, Mom ... are you ready to cuddle?"  I love being around her.

No comments: