Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Berry Picking at Apple Hill

Yesterday we went up to Apple Hill to pick berries. We went last year and M had a great time but last year we went to late in the year and had a hard time finding berries. We got to our favorite place for blueberries, Bolster's Hilltop Ranch and they had a sign up saying they were only open on the weekends. I found someone that worked there and very nicely asked if we could pleeaase pick some. (niceness gets you so far in life) She let us in and even directed us to the most wonderful place where the blueberries were perfectly ripened and everywhere. The kids loved it. I was shocked at how much K was into it. She was serious, moving from one tree to another. M ate more than he put in the bucket (as did Brian and I). Both kids have the runs today... ooops. Brian and I kept throwing them at each others mouths to see if we could catch them. Good thing he's trained in the Heimlich because I almost needed it!! M thought that was so funny. When we got home, Brian made homemade blueberry muffins with a delicious crunchy topping of butter, sugar and cinnamon (fat free???). Am I lucky or what?

We moved on to Patrick's Berry Farm. They have Boysenberries, Thornless Blackberries, Raspberries and so many more. By that time, the kids had lost interest a little but we still headed down to pick a few blackberries. It was pretty warm outside too. Afterwards, they had a very nice grassy area with balls, hoola-hoops and other toys for the kids to play with.

Then we tried to find apple donuts (we had promised the kids one) but they were sold out at the 2 farms that were open. We were bummed.

I took lots of pictures... couldn't help myself. I am posting several.


I'm not usually into landscape photography but WOW!! Look at this view from Patrick's Berry Farm.


I just had to get a picture of the blueberries.


Pretending he caught one in his mouth.


K was very serious. You can't beat this. We spent $3.50 (for a pound of blueberries) and we got about 2 hours of entertainment and fun.


Hard at work.


Not the best picture (technically speaking) but I love it.

The grassy area had a water fountain so M decided to help K get a drink. She got drenched and loved every minute of it.


Both kids giggling.


Every time she would stop drinking he said in his nicest voice, "come here K, do you want a drink of water"?


Look at that girl. The other day in the car she said "I'm crazy." You're right, babe. Where she got that from, I'm not sure. I probably say it.

Tonight when we got home from swim class, I was getting M out of his seat and I said "hi, my little swimmer." Once again with his cutest voice said, "hi, my little.... watcher." Cracked me up.

Off to pack lunches... Melissa

1 comment:

angie said...

Hello Melissa! My name is Angie and I am Patrick's daughter. I put together and send out our e-mail newsletter. I am always looking for new and cute pictures. I wanted to get your permission to copy some of these pictures and use them in the newsletter. If it is ok can you please e-mail me at missangleachristine@hotmail.com. I am glad that your day seemed to go so well.