Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I guess it's my turn

Well, last night the nasty stomach flu that's been ravaging my family finally hit me. I was awake most of the night with horrible burning and cramping in my stomach and vomiting. The only thing worse than being sick is being sick and having to also take care of a 4 and 2 year old (for 72 hours). What a long and exhausting day. I'm feeling better tonight but am still sore all over, don't have an appetite and have awful heartburn. I just had to take the kids to Kidspark this morning for 2 hours. I didn't get much sleep and those 2 fought with each other all morning. When does that stop? Please tell me it does, it's by far my least favorite things about being a mommy. I just couldn't entertain them this morning. I spent most of the morning on the couch with K dressing me up in her dress-up clothes. At one point, I had the tiara on (backwards), 1 shoe and several necklaces on. K said "so pretty, mommy and so cute, mommy." I almost slept through going to get them. Thank goodness I set the timer on the microwave even though I hit "snooze" a few times.

This evening they were stir crazy so I filled up or little pool in the backyard and put the slide into it. They enjoyed that a lot for about twenty minutes. I think it took longer to set the darn thing up than the amount of time they played in it. I did get some good pictures though. After dinner the kids played very well together. I got the Lego's and Mr. Potato head stuff out.

I had the toughest time narrowing these down to four. I had quite a few cute ones.







K's "cheese" smile and pose.


M has been so photogenic lately. No more of the goofy smiles.

Hope I feel better soon. I don't want to be a grouchy mommy tomorrow. Poor kids.

No comments: