Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello

Not a whole lot of anything to say today. We've had a busy 2 days while Brian's been gone. Yesterday the kids and I went to the Bounce Spot in the morning. They ran and jumped their booty's off (M informs me that BOOTY is a bad word). The other day I was getting dressed and being silly singing "Shake your Booty". He gave me a very disappointed look and said "that's a bad word, mom." I thought for sure I would get a little rest after bouncing because they would be tired... was I wrong. K didn't nap and M pestered me all afternoon. I just need an hour of alone time to be a much happier Mommy in the evening. I don't know what is going on with her and napping... second time this week she didn't take one. Some days she's begging for a nap at 10 am. In the evening we got take-out and ate dinner by the pool at The Club and swam. That was a lot of fun. M is getting really comfortable underwater. K just floated around in her tube. It's too hard to watch both of them if she isn't in the tube.

Today I took the kids to Kidspark again so I could run some errands. They woke me up at 5:50 am (yes, 5:50). I wanted to roll over and cry. I could really get used to this Kidspark thing. Drop-in and the kids love it. K calls it her school. "Want to go to my school and play with my friends, mommy." This evening M and I went to the pool again before his swim class. I gave K the option of going to "school (the one at the gym) or swimming and she chose school. She is so social.

Tonight while I'm trying to make dinner (that they didn't eat) they were both grating on my last nerve. I have K who had 1 drop of water on her leg crying "towel" and "carry you" and "I'm cold" amongst other whining and M saying "I'm hungry, I want something now" and not listening when I tell him dinner is almost ready. They just kept on and then starting fighting with each other so I put them both on time out. M asked K while they were on the stairs (time-out location) "why are we on time-out anyway?"

Our craft project from today. Can you believe M did his entirely by himself! He did a really good job. K had a lot of help though! I love the $1 section at Michaels.


K in the little dress we bought her in Ensenada. It fits her really cute and she loves it because I told her it was "jammers" - pajamas. The only way I could get a picture is to trap her on the table. She wasn't happy here.


Stinker just kept running towards me. Horrible picture, I know.

A little bit about me... again. Katie sent this to me.


1. What time did you get up this morning? 0550 (see above)
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Sex and The City.
4. What is your favorite TV show? 2 of them - Criminal Minds and Grey's Anatomy

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal and Starbucks
6.
What is your middle name? Dawn
7. What food do you dislike?
I agree with Katie, Brussel sprouts
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
Not sure, I'm liking Carrie Underwood a lot now
9. What kind of car do you drive? Honda Pilot
10. Favorite sandwich? 1st Street Fiesta (from Morrison's in Woodland)
11. What characteristic do you despise? lying and cheating

12. Favorite item of clothing? Jammers (as K calls them, I'm just like her)

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go
? Back to St. Lucia where we honeymooned. Such fond memories.
14. Are you an organized person? yes

15. Where would you retire to?
Somewhere in the mountains or a beach area.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Turning 30, just because I remember I was pregnant with M.
17. What are you going to do when you finish this? Eat my brownies!! And I don't have to share!

18. Furthest place you are sending this? n/a
19. Person you expect to send it back first? n/a
20. When is your birthday?
October
21. Morning person or a night person? Night

22. What size shoe to you wear? 8 1/2
23. Pets?
1 Dog
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? No
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A Nurse
26. How are you today? Content
27. What is your favorite flower? I don't know, I like Hydrangea's.
28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Next time family comes so Brian and I can have a date night.
29. What are you listening to right now? Nothing, I'm in the office

30. What was the last thing you ate? Brownie batter (I know I'm bad)

31. Do you wish on stars? No
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Red, my favorite color)
33. How is the weather right now? Nice, about 80.

34. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Brian
35. Favorite soft drink? Diet Pepsi
36. Favorite cookie? Tough one, Oreos.
37. What color is your hair? Brown

38. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbies (Katie and I are alike)

39. Summer or Winter? Summer by far
40. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi
41. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
42. Coffee or tea? Coffee, duh.

43. Do you want your friends to email you back? n/a

44. When was the last time you cried? Watching P.S. I Love You

45. What are you most afraid of? Losing someone I love, definately.
46. Best vacation you've been on? Toss up between New York, Paris and St. Lucia.
47. Best job you have ever had? My high school job at Fatte Albert's Pizza was sure fun but I really like my job now also.
48. Salty or sweet? Sweet
49. How many keys on your key ring? 5
50. How many years at your current job? 1 1/2
51. Favorite day of the week? Anyday we're all home together.
52. Do you make friends easily? Yes

No comments: