Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Had a good scare last night

Last night after the kids went to bed (about 8:15) I heard several sirens which sounded like police sirens. I didn't think much of it until I saw the police helicopter basically circling my backyard and my immediate neighborhood. They flew around over and over. Then while I was on the phone with Dyan, I heard them talking on their loudspeaker. I couldn't hear very well because I already had my alarm on and this place was locked up like Fort Knox but it sounded like they were giving a description of a subject and mentioned something about an armed robbery. After it was dark outside they kept shining their spotlight into the backyards of my neighborhood. I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say they circled around my house 20+ times. We've had a run of crime around here on innocent people. I'm not sure if it's the economy or what. It's never been bad before. I was nervous but I shut all my blinds, brought the dog in, checked my windows and set my alarm. Thank goodness for the alarm and Roscoe's bark would scare the hell out of someone. I want to watch the news this morning to get some information on what might have been going on. Hoping for a more peaceful evening tonight!

No comments: