Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hello

Well, I just heard from Brian again. He is still at the Butte County fire and heading in to fight fire right now. They are doing shifts of 24 hours on and 24 hours off. Yesterday he had his 24 hours off and they were able to hang out by the pool and barbeque rib-eye's. Rough, huh? Today will be a long one though and then he's off for the 4th. I always worry a little when he's gone. The other night they were fighting fire or laying hose or something on this very steep embankment (in the dark). I think he'll be able to come home from the fire on Sunday but he'll have to do his regular shifts at the station so we probably won't see him until Wednesday morning.

We went to Dina's house yesterday in Clovis. She is my friend from nursing school and has 2 little ones the same age as mine. We were having a great time until 4:30 pm when K vomited out by the pool. I didn't know what was going on... she in never sick. She hadn't really wanted to eat all day but I thought it was because she was having so much fun. Well she ended up looking really puny and vomiting about 5 more times in 3 hours so we packed up our stuff (we were supposed to stay 2 nights) and headed back to my moms. I didn't want to get her little ones sick and K wasn't really in the mood to play. It's also a little uncomfortable being in someone elses house with a sick one. She vomited once on the way home so I just gave her a few sips of Pedialyte when we got to my mom's and she slept all night. She felt better this morning, thank goodness. She was very thirsty, drank a lot of Pedialyte and ate a waffle. I'm not sure... maybe she over did it because now she is laying in my bed with her sheep and her fie (pacifier... only when she sleeps) looking a little puny again. We'll see...

Gonna try to keep this kids busy today if she feels up to it. My mom's at work all day. I'm thinking we'll go to the Library, the park, for a walk (if it's not too hot), swimming at my sisters, art projects and a new toy for each of them. Maybe my sister will entertain M for a while. He's full of energy this morning.

Off to get ready.
Melissa

No comments: