Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

My handyman

Dyan and I had a great time last night. First we did a little shopping... went to The Children's Place (they're having a huge summer sale so I bought stuff for next year... I'm talking 75% off). How could I resist, right? Then we went to Chicago Fire Pizza in midtown and enjoyed salad, pizza and beer. Afterwards, we went to Center Court in Natomas. We weren't ready to go home yet and they have a great patio area to relax on. (we didn't end up sitting out there, long story). I think we were home by 9:30 pm or so. I think we should do this once a month but I'm sure we won't be able to.

Bare with me, I'm going to brag on the kids a little. This may be a little boring. I took the kids to the pool this evening and couldn't believe the progress M had made with his lessons. He's actually swimming now. He can jump in off the side of the pool and swim (doggie-paddle) to the steps. He has no problem going underwater and was even swimming underwater very well. He was working on cupping his hands so he can paddle a little easier. He loves it (the goggles I got help a lot) and has a huge smile on his face the entire time. In fact, I had to be really careful because he would jump in off the steps or side of the pool (while I was playing with K) without telling me and he can do OK for a while but then gets tired and starts going under.

On the way out of The Club, we were eating popcorn and M said "popcorn starts with P". I couldn't believe my ears! 6 months ago he hardly knew any letters and I was beginning to get a little worried. Now he's sounding letters out and starting to really get it. I decided to ask him a few more. I asked him what dog and Mommy start with and he got them both right. This is really getting fun and I can see that all the work I've done with him over the past few months has paid off.

I had to go by the hospital today and have my TB Skin Test read (this is the 2nd one, I forgot the 1st time) and because Brian is working, I had to take K with me. While we were in the waiting room K was eating crackers and began singing at the top of her lungs "yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum ... crackers, crackers, crackers!" It was the tune to Old McDonald but she had changed the words. She had the entire waiting room laughing out loud. Quite the entertainer. After the show was over, the "wanna go's" started. Over and over. She's something, that's for sure.

Yesterday, Brian and I got most of the baseboards done, so today when K was napping I decided I would finish spackling and sanding them. I had done a few holes when M asked if he could try it. I though to myself, why not? What harm could he do? He did such a great job, I let him do several holes. He put it in the hole and I would come behind him and clean it up a little but all in all I was amazed at how careful and patient he was.

Spackling.


Yes, it dries white.


What a cutie!

Just have to share another product I'm loving these days. It's called Hair Balm by Carol's Daughter. The products are all natural and never tested on animals. The Hair Balm is basically sweet almond oil, shea butter and toasted palm kennel oil. Smells absolutely delicious, I think you could almost use it as a lotion too. It makes your hair shiny, calms fly aways, smooths and keep your locks smelling good. I'm hooked. You can get it online or at Sephora.

Talk to you later... Melissa

No comments: