Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

My difficult morning

Today was one of those morning that where I just knew I was in trouble. Both kids, especially M seemed very cranky and tired. By 9:00 am I was ready to pull my hair out. The times Brian does 72 hour shifts really take a toll on me by day three.

0615 - We wake up ... this was late by K's standards. She is usually up around 5:30!

0630 - They are both yelling at me wanting milk. I'm half asleep trying to will them to stop. I refuse to get up and tell them they have to wait a little longer.

0700 - I go to get the milk. M has to be sure his is "much bigger and much warmer." I just go along and always say yes. Brian will always whisper to K "it really isn't."

0710 - I'm on the computer, trying to wake up. M wants to do the United States of America puzzle so I start it with him... after we're 3/4 of the way done K decided she wants to help which makes M mad and he starts screaming "no, K." Then she's crying "I want to help too." The fighting has begun. I try to mediate the situation by letting them take turns with the pieces but it didn't help much.

0715 - K cries for 5 minutes... "want my fie." She knows she only gets it in bed but she was a pill over that this morning.

0725 - We're downstairs now... I'm just trying to enjoy my first cup of coffee. The kids are having a big brawl because both of them want to sit on a certain couch cushion(up on the top of the couch where they're not supposed to be sitting anyways but whatever). Whichever one is on it is teasing the other one and the other one is pushing and yelling and whining. They aren't listening to me. At this point, I've only been awake for a little over an hour and want to go crawl back in bed and cover my head!!

0735 - M wants me to go upstairs and get his fire engine. I calmly ask him to because he left it up there and tell him that he's responsible for chasing down his toys. At least 20 times he asks me to go and get it. I refuse. Tell him he could have just done it himself and it would be done with.

0740 - M poops and wants me to help him wipe his bottom. He is such a grouch this morning. So tired. He has been wiping his own bottom for the last what... 9 months at least. I refuse... then he says he just wants me to count while he wipes. He wants to know what number he has to count to to know all the poop is gone. I tell him to just wipe until there's no more poop. Finally after 15 minutes, I go help him... yes he was screaming at me the whole time. He tells me when I get in there "we'll do teamwork, mom." I inform him this is the one and only time I'll help and I mean it.

0755 - Breakfast. I give K cereal. She pushes it away and tell me she wants an orange instead. Refuses to even try the new cereal. I give her an orange and a Dora yogurt and she eats the whole thing. You can't get her to try new things.

0830 - Both kids go outside to play in the sandbox and ride bikes.

They were pretty good the rest of the day. M was very tired at the pool. He didn't even want to swim, he just floated around in his ring and even sat on the side for a while. I made him take a nap today and I had to wake him up after 2 1/2 hours. We went out to dinner and both kids were very good.

I'm just too tired to write anymore.
Melissa

No comments: