Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My new camera

Well my new camera arrived and I took it to the park with us today to practice a little. The verdict... I definately love the small size and the picture quality is good as long as the kids are still. Does that ever happen? It was a good purchase but I think it's just hard to go back to a Point and Shoot when you're so used to a DSLR (hope that doesn't sound snooty). The delay with my new camera can be frustrating and several of my pictures turned out blurry. All in all, I'm happy with the camera and I'll use it when I don't want to drag the bigger one around. I took a very good picture of M today with it.


Here it is. I can't believe he was still.


Digging in the bark and putting it on her lap... then cried because she had "pokeys."

I've been clipping coupons for the last few months and have saved a little bit of money. (yes, we do have the money to pay full price for things, but why would you?) My goal is to save little by little so I don't feel so bad throwing my money away at Starbuck's Coffee everyday. Well after going to my friend Andi's Blog, I found this website which gives you tips on using coupons and tells me what is on sale for the week at Raley's/Bel Air which is where I shop amongst many other stores. The name of the website is Being Frugal is Fabulous. Check it out. I saw how she (Nicole-from the website) organizes her coupons and was inspired to do it myself. I bought a cheap photo album from Target (with the clear photo holders inside) and labeled the pages with about 30 different categories (yes, I'm a little anal) and stuck my coupons in the appropriate spot. I love it and think it's so much more user friendly than my old system plus I have a spot for restaurant, fast food and pizza coupons now. Call me cheap but I don't understand why anyone would pay full price for things if they don't have to... especially with the economy the way it is. Cheese sticks at Target used to be $2.99 per package (2 weeks ago) and now they are $4.99! I'm always up for a bargain.


Here it is... I didn't really care what the cover looked like.


The inside... she also suggests taping an envelope (from a card or something) in the front as a place to put the coupons in that you are intending to use while at the store. Here's the link to hers.

Off to do my chores. :(
Melissa

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I definitely need a smaller camera as well, I hope Santa pays attention! Cute pictures! I am so glad you looked at Nicole's Blog isn't great?! And you said it best why pay more when you don't have to?