Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

We finally did it....

We finally had a Fried Snickers. We've been laughing and joking during the last few State Fairs about trying one of the fried Snickers, Oreos or Twinkies. This year they even had fried S'mores, avocados and White Castle Burgers. Eeeew. We went with the Snickers. It was good but I'm not sure it lived up to all of the hype. It tasted like a warm and gooey Snickers Bar with cookie batter on the outside. It was OK. K enjoyed it.

Let me tell you, it was 104 degrees at the fair yesterday. It was hot and uncomfortable until about 5:30 then it had cooled off quite a bit. I think it was actually a perfect day to go because it wasn't crowded at all. Nobody else dared to brave the heat. We walked onto all the rides.


The fried Snickers. Looks just like a corn dog.


I can't believe she even tried it. Good stuff.


We went to the fair with Monte, Dyan and the kids. She got this good picture of the boys.


They had a little parade yesterday. K with the pirate.


She hugged about 20 animals at the petting zoo.

Funnies.

On the way to The Club tonight I was doing a few things while driving (getting my card together and my money). M asked me, "are you not holding on to the wheel while you're driving?" I said, "no, not really." Then he said, "how are you making it go straight?". I told him, "with my knee." Then he said, "you're supposed to hold on to the wheel with 2 hands!" Our Safety Officer.

K told me to "shush" the other day. I have no idea where she heard that. I never say it.

M was running around with one of his clothes hangers in one hand and a pretend fishing pole in the other hand today. He said he was Captain Hook (with a hook and a sword). Funny.


By the way... Brian told me this morning that he was Cinderella on the Princess Quiz. Cracked me up that he even took it.

Cinderella.
Dignified and hard working. With a gentle and soft-spoken manner you have something many people don't. Patience. Even through the moments of heartbreak you're still able to hold onto all of your hopes and dreams. Bide your time; your dream will come true.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Melissa,
I think your blog is awesome. Of course, I enjoy the pictures but the stories you tell about you, Brian and the kids is priceless. The stories always make me smile. Keep it up.
Love you

Dyan said...

Thanks for asking us to go to the Fair with y'all. It was a lot of fun! Glad you didn't end up losing your pics from the night. The 2 you have up of K with the pirate & the animals are cute! (I wouldn't have been upset if you would have cropped me out of the pirate one...lol) She does love those animals! Of course the one of the boys is super cute too! Thanks again for a fun night!!!

The Esslinger Family said...

It looks like you had a blast at the fair, the kids are so cute! I can't believe you tried one of the fried snickers, what will the think of next? I especially love Brian did the princess quiz that is fabulous! :)