Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

This morning I took the kids to the store to get a new toy. They filled up their sticker rewards charts (this works really well for me). When they do something good with or without being asked sometimes they get a sticker and if they are misbehaving I may take one off. Once it's full, I will give them a reward. It won't always be a toy, it may be a sweet treat or a fun thing to do together.

They definately have two different styles of shopping. K found what she wanted in about 3 minutes and she wasn't about to change her mind. I tried to persuade her to get the Dora the Explorer doll that you can take into the bathtub or a babydoll that crawled. No way. She began crying, "I want it PLEASE." She got a little soft doggie house with a small stuffed doggie that looks like Roscoe. M on the other hand wanted to go down every aisle and look at everything. He first had decided on a new choo-choo train, then found a fighter jet and finally settled on a Hot Wheels toy that shoots airplanes into the air and cars on the ground (my personal favorite). He thinks about his choice very carefully and always asks me what I think he should get. Boys toys are so much fun than girls toys. They all do something! We had a good time with his new toy at home.

Their rewards. He sure loves his toy... he's been playing with it all day and I'm sure he'll get up at the crack of dawn to play with it tomorrow. (great)


It's never good idea to fall asleep around 4 year old boys or your daughter-n-law for that matter. Sorry, couldn't resist.


A cute one of M and Grammy.


Silly time with Grandpa (wearing M's bunny towel). She was cracking up and pushing him away.


Something funny M says all the time. When he asks you to do something for him, he'll say "can ja open this for me" or whatever. Or he'll say did ja do that. I realized while talking on the phone with Dyan last night that I also say "did ja." I wonder where he got that from.

M's favorite foods - Chicken nuggets, any cereal, apples, peanut butter, PB & J's, milk, meatloaf, plums, crackers and anything sweet.

K's favorite foods - Any fruit, chicken nuggets, Dora yogurt, macaroni and cheese, cheese and that's about it. She's so picky. Of course, crackers and anything sweet as well.

M dislikes - Bananas, oranges, pineapple, yogurt, macaroni and cheese and has a hard time chewing up a lot of meat.

K dislikes - Just about everything but fruit, she's not a big sandwich eater either which makes lunch hard. She eats about one meal a day.

Do you notice they don't like the same things? Makes it very difficult.

Their favorite TV shows are Clifford the Big Red Dog, Curious George, WordWorld, Super Why, Dora the Explorer, and Tom and Jerry. K loves the Baby MacDonald (still) and 101 Dalmations. M's favorite movie is probably Peter Pan or anything Scooby Doo or pirates.

K dislikes anything frilly and would love to wear her "jammies" all day. The other day, I tried a pair of leggings on her and she was so happy. She said, "comfy, cozy just like my jammies, mommy!" I bought a tutu to take pictures of her in... no way. She wasn't about to have any part of that. Somehow, I don't think she'll want to be a princess for Halloween. She told M she wanted to be a pig today (shocker). That's fine with me. She also doesn't like scary things like monsters.

M still loves trains, airplanes, fire trucks and engines, police cars, pirates... all the typical things 4 year old boys love. Farting and burping have become quite comical. He's become very loud and high energy all day long. He became much harder when he turned 4. Something unusual for a little boy though, he always notices when I have a new shirt or outfit on or something and he'll say, "cool shirt mom." Before bed every night he says, "if I can't sleep, I'll just come out and tell you, OK." Today he made a beaded bracelet for his teacher named Shiloh. We'll take it to school tomorrow.

I had a rough day today. I was grouchy, the kids were grouchy and nothing seemed to work out. K didn't nap!! While I was upstairs with her trying to get her down, M spilled beads all over the floor (I'm talking 1000 beads). She whined and they fought with each other all day. An entire yogurt fell on the floor, a full sippy cup of water exploded on the floor and we have ants in our upstairs bathroom. I fell down 4 steps trying to run downstairs to get the phone. (yes, Brian you can laugh... he falls all the time) Really, it just went on and on from there. This evening I took the kids to our little pond to feed the geese (hoping it would pull me out of my rut). First of all, it was so windy the bread kept coming back to us when we threw it and second of all, the geese wanted nothing to do with us. They all flew away or got in the water and swam away. We didn't even get to feed one. See what I mean?


Here are the kids saying please come here geese with their pieces of bread.


There they go.

Off to pack lunches and clean.
Melissa

No comments: