Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Brian

Happy 6th Anniversary to my wonderful husband Brian. We've had 2 houses, 2 kids, 1 dog and so many good memories. I hope for 50 more years. Thank you so much for putting up with me. I know it's not easy sometimes.

We celebrated our anniversary yesterday because I work today. We went with Dyan and Monte to Coast Guard Day at McClellan AFB. We all had so much fun... it was very family oriented. They had 2 bounce houses, a 20 foot waterslide, tot-pool, water-gun fights with the Airport Fire Engine, a dunk tank, tug-of-war, cotton candy, snow-cones, delicious food and we were able to go inside the C-130 plane they had in the hanger. They had music playing in the hanger. What a fun time we all had. I couldn't believe how huge a C-130 was. The weather was beautiful, a little warm in the afternoon but the kids kept cooling us off. M came up to me with his watergun and said, "come here mom, I have a secret to tell you." Off course, he squirted me with water!!

We got home about 2:30, everyone was napping (including Brian and I) by 2:45. We were up by 4:30 and dropped the kids off at Kidspark at 5:30 for a Pirate Party. Dyan and Monte dropped their kids off too so we could all go out to dinner. We've never been able to do this before. They don't have any family here. We went to P.F. Changs for chinese food and then to the Fox and Goose for a cocktail. I know it seems like we drink a lot but when we go out we just have one or two!! We picked the kids up at 9:30 and boy are they pooped today. No more partying for them!


A family shot in front of the C-130


M the pilot.


K the co-pilot.


The 20 foot waterslide. K had zero hesitation about climbing up there and going down. She stopped for a little drink this time.


It looked so fun... if I were only 25 years younger (OK 30).


M looked scared to death each time he went down it.


Water fights against the airport fire engine. Do you see the only little tiny girl marching with the other kids? That would be K. She was right in there with the older kids playing water-guns against the fire engine. She's crazy.


Every time they sprayed the water, she'd try to run away.


Here she is again, the water must be so cold.


Cotton candy... yum!

No comments: