Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

California State Fair

Brian's parents were in town this weekend and we took the kids so we took the kids to the California State Fair. We met Aunt Sharon, Uncle Tony, Macy and Jake there. We go every year... it's great because we have "connections" so we get a lot of perks. I won't say who my "connections" are. For once, it wasn't 108 degrees outside, I think the high was 94. The kids had a great time, M's favorite ride was the EuroSlide and K's favorite part was the petting zoo. She was so excited!! She kissed (yes, I mean kissed) about 10 of the animals. We decontaminated her face after we left because there was no stopping her. The pigs were asleep when we got there (she's obsessed with them) but towards the end, they woke up. She came up to me and said, "the pigs waked up to see me!!!"


When we were at the top of the slide he said, "hold me." After the first time, he was hooked and wanted to go again.


Grandpa and K had fun too.


Pony rides. Not scared at all!


M's horse was the BIGGEST!


The choo-choo ride. They didn't want to ride together and I didn't get a picture of M because he refused to look at me.


A cute one of the kids on Dumbo (baby elephants is what K calls it).


I always get such good pictures of these two. I love this one.


M liked this but not as much as K. She's an animal lover like her Aunt Sue. Towards the end, the goats were getting a little too aggressive and it made M nervous. Bambi kept trying to chew on my shirt!! M made sure that I knew not to feed the donkeys and the pigs... our safety officer.


When we first got there.


Look at this girl... eye to eye with this goat. Loving every minute of it.


A picture of the prizes the kids "won". M told me in the car today, "I can't believe I won the BIG Scooby Doo. I threw the ball really hard." K also had a little help "winning" the doggie. I told grandpa (Brian's Dad) I was going to send Scooby Doo home with him next time he comes and brings the car!! It's the same size as M.

Something cute M said the other day... I was eating sunflower seeds (which I love) and M wanted some, so I cracked one for him. He was eating his sunflower seed and talking at the same time and he said, "I have skills, mom." He sure is growing up fast. He is starting to go and pick out clothes and get himself dressed without being asked. (not always the best choice of attire but whatever) He is learning opposites and rhyming in school and he has learned how to write his name. I like his teacher a lot. We do worksheets at home and he is doing very well. The worksheets consist of sequencing, dot-to-dots, patterns, what's out of place and learning about the seasons. I enjoy doing these with him very much.

No comments: