Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

What a day...

Wow, was this a tough one. This was one of those days where the kids were really challenging. The morning was OK, we woke up and went to Starbuck's to get a coffee and a paper and then came home and had some pancakes. The kids were getting along OK. Then we went to the gym bought a sprinkler and some sunscreen (all out). We got home and I thought the kids would have a blast playing in the sprinkler in the backyard. They had a good time for a little while but most of the time they were screaming, hitting each other and fighting. I'm having a real problem with that right now... especially with M. I just felt like a huge nag all day... I had to be. K was so whiny and wanting to be on me the whole time. M was angry and grumpy and into mischief. So mean to K. I made the poor decision to buy them each a water gun. Big mistake! M squirted me, Roscoe the windows and I had to keep asking him to stop OVER and OVER. Then he dropped it (99 cents) and it broke and I heard about that for 30 minutes AT LEAST. He wanted hers and of course she was mad about that. I assure you... the day didn't get any better. I made a nice dinner (because I know I need to do better with their meals). It took me an hour to make spaghetti and veggies because they wouldn't get along or leave me alone. Then we all sat down to eat and M ate about 4 bites and K wouldn't even try it. She did eat all of her veggies though. Sometimes I say, why do I even bother cooking? They would have been fine with cereal and fruit and I sure would have had more time and less of a headache. I don't know what to do about dinner when Brian's gone. I think M was just really exhausted today. He needs a nap about every other day but he just can't get to sleep anymore. He fell asleep in my bed while I was reading to K. (very unusual). Too exhaused to write... here are some pictures.


The fun while it lasted.


I love her laughter here.


This is why he was so grumpy. Exhaustion.


They are going to kill me when they grow up. We are occasionally working on the potty training. She has gone a few times (and even pooped in a public restroom) but I think she really just likes to read on the potty.


One more, couldn't help it.


Like I said, they're going to kill me when they get older. I think this would be a good picture for the yearbook... will they be able to guess who this is?


Off to relax and count the hours until Brian gets home... thank goodness I'm not a single parent!

No comments: