Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Should I live in a trailer park?

A few of my favorite things right now.


1. Brian says I should live in a trailer park because I found this stuff at Costco that's called Batter Blaster and I basically looks like a whipped cream can but it's pancake batter. Oh my, couldn't be easier and is just as yummy. Of course, whipping up a batch of pancakes from scratch and embellishing with oats, pumpkin or pecans would of course be better but for the kids on a busy morning this is awesome. It's also made with whole wheat flour and is organic. I tried to attach a picture from the website but it wouldn't work. www.batterblaster.com

2. Hands down the best facial moisturizer I've ever owned is Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I'm not ready to be a Cover Girl model or anything but I'm not kidding you, you can see the difference in a few days. I had used it months ago and ran out and my face looked and felt terrible. I tried another brand but had to go back to this one. It was one of Oprah's Favorite Things a few years ago. You can get it at Sephora or Nordstrom for $38 but because I'm thrifty (not cheap) I got my last jar on Ebay (new and sealed) for $28 including shipping. Try it...you'll see.

3. Oxi-Clean Stain Remover. This stuff is great. Last week K had purple Jamba Juice ALL over her white sweater. All of it came out. It's almost fun to do the kids laundry now. I haven't had a stain that this didn't get out. I got 2 for $4.99 at Costco.


A little bit proud of myself. I have been much better about getting to the gym. I think I went 5 out of 7 days this week (Dyan correct me if I'm wrong). I'm going even on the days I work which has never happened. I'm not seeing any results but I feel better after I've gone. It also helps a lot to have someone to work out with. Now if I could just change my eating habits... grrrgh. I am cutting back on a few things here and there but I just can't get rid of the Starbucks.

Grande Nonfat (no whip) White Chocolate Mocha
360 calories, 7 grams of fat


Yesterday as I was putting M to bed I told him I didn't have to work for a few days so I would be home. He said "people aren't getting owies now?" How cute is that?

Another funny story (to me at least). Yesterday I while M was in school I told K that we would go for a walk in a little while. She said "Roco (Roscoe) come too?" I said sure. About 15 minutes later she said "go to the park" and I asked her if she wanted to go now. She screamed "yeah, let's get going Mommy!"

Quirky things about my kids.

M has to have a hood on his sweatshirts or coats. It's really a huge ordeal if he doesn't and he is just miserable. He always wants to wear his hoods (even today when it was 67 degrees).

K is scared (OK freaks out) over night lights all of a sudden. This just started about 2 weeks ago.

Couple of pictures from the park today. None of them turned out great but here they are anyways. M had a blast chasing some girls that were there. He was the "monster" and loved every minute of it. Boy is he beat tonight... I got away with only reading one book. (I really feel like I'm getting away with something)



She insisted on going on the Big Girl swings by herself for the first time. She isn't afraid of anything and as you can see, she was very proud of herself.


M pushed her very gently.

No comments: