Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The cute things they say

Tonight M went up to Roscoe (the dog) and said "hi there, old pal" while he patted him on the back. Then he said... "you're my best friend." Definitely made me smile. We discussed his birthday party tonight before bed and he says he wants a "monster truck like Daddy's and a pirate's treasure chest."

Tried to break K of the fie (pacifier) last night. She threw it down in the car yesterday and said her usual "I don't like it". So, Brian and I took the opportunity to tell her she was a big girl now and we should just get rid of them. We put her to bed, she asked for the fie the whole way in. I explained to her that she was big now and doesn't need it anymore. She whined "please Mommy, fie" several times and cried for about 3 minutes and then fell asleep. I almost fell out. Things were going so well until about midnight when she screamed bloody murder for it. I've discovered I have a lot less will power at midnight. I'm just tired, I admit I'll do whatever it takes to be able to sleep. I think we'll just give it at naps and bedtime now. Getting rid of it at bedtime is not going to be easy. I'M not ready yet.

No comments: