Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

A picture of Brian and I

There aren't very many of them out there... at least of us ALONE. This is one that was taken on the cruise. I really like it, I just wish we weren't so sunburned. We were too cheap to buy sunscreen in Mexico for $10 (apparently they don't use a whole lot of sunscreen, we had a hard time finding any). I sure do miss vacation.


We are going on a little over-nighter trip to Lake Tahoe tomorrow after M gets out of school. It should be fun but I think it's going to be cold. Maybe we'll even have snow.

M and I went to lunch with Dyan and M. Our other 2 went to school today. It was awesome... so easy with just one child.

Yesterday I went to the gym to workout and I had already told the kids that we would go to the little playground at the Club when we were done. It really worked out because someone was having a birthday party but it hadn't started yet so they let us play in the big bounce house. M had a blast but of course K's attention span for that was only about 5 minutes. She wanted to go and run around and have me chase her (which I couldn't do because M was jumping in the bounce house). There are 3 pools and 2 spas so you have to watch them like a hawk. One of the most difficult things for me in having 2 children is how do you punish one without it affecting the other one. If I would have just had M when he was her age I would have told him we were going to leave if he didn't stay by me but I couldn't do that because that wasn't fair to M and he wasn't doing anything wrong and was having a great time. I tried giving her a timeout but she wouldn't stay there... so the only way I got her to listen was to tell her she wasn't getting a cookie when we leave if she wasn't good. Well, K loves sugar so that worked. (cookies at the gym, isn't that helpful)

No comments: