Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

My BABY is 2 years old!

Well, today is K's birthday. We didn't give her a big birthday party but we wanted to make the day special and memorable. Daddy made her favorite breakfast today... blueberry pancakes (for some reason she didn't eat them though. Dyan and I are planning to take the kids to Build A Bear for the girls' birthdays in 2 weeks or so. K loves animals. Any kind of animals. So... we took the kids to the Folsom Zoo. It's a very little zoo but the kids had a blast and we have annual memberships to the Sac Zoo but we wanted to go somewhere different. They have a few animals that the Sac Zoo doesn't have. The weather was warm and beautiful today... 87 degrees. The nice thing about that zoo was that we didn't need the stroller, the kids just walked around. K insisted on holding my hand the ENTIRE time. I wouldn't have thought it was possible but I love her more each day.


They have a small choo-choo at the zoo. M loved it.


The birthday girl.


M loves his binoculars or "noculars" as he says. It was his idea to bring them along.


What, a decent picture with me. K is looking at a huge peacock in the tree. Thank goodness it didn't poop on us.


M "up high" on Daddy.

After K's nap we met Dyan, Monte and the kids at the park to open K's gifts and have cupcakes. M and K were both a little grouchy (and so were mom and dad) at the park but it was still a fun time. I loved watching K open her gifts. She had help from the other kids and she kept saying "my turn." M helped me make strawberry cupcakes with pink vanilla frosting and sprinkles yesterday. They were definately a hit with the kiddos. See pictures. We had a good scare at the park when K walked right into M while he was swinging. I'm not kidding, I can't believe she didn't have a real injury. He was swinging so high it pretty much lifted her off the ground and she came down really hard. She bit her tongue earlier while we were at lunch (she has been doing that a lot lately) and she did it again when he hit her. She cried for a long time and kept crying "bonk" but surprisingly have any cuts or scrapes. Of course, I felt so guilty. I am posting a lot of pictures today because it's a very important day.


Opening her presents.


Singing Happy Birthday. She liked it at first.


Then I think she get's embarrassed.


She did this at Granny's house when we sang to her too.


Yum.


Is he looking grown up there or what?


Is she trying to put the whole thing in her mouth?

I love you sweetie. Mom

No comments: