Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tales of Poop

This morning I had an energy burst and decided to go outside and pull weeds and wash off the patio in the backyard. It was a really nice morning. So, the kids and I went outside (all of us in jammies) and took the CD player out and listened to music and cleaned up. Well, when I started watering down the back patio the kids started running through the water. I was surprised M did because last year he was a real pansy about the cold water. They had a blast and were completely drenched when I decided to take the kids in and put them directly in the bathtub. I started stripping them down outside so my house wouldn't get all dirty and wet. When I took K's diaper off, she had a HUGE poop! Huge and watery... yuck so M is already naked, I've got the dog outside and K with poop all over her bottom. I'm begging M to go and turn the water back on so I can rinse her bottom off (I'm holding her hands, so she doesn't get it all over her). He finally does but he's moaning, "I'm cold" over and over again. I have to spray her off and carry each of them upstairs because they are both whining. I can't believe my arms aren't totally buffed! Believe it or not, it was a really fun morning though.

We went to Home Depot to get some plants for the backyard and when we were walking to our car this lady had unloaded her things in her trunk and spun around (quickly) and clobbered M with her shopping cart. I mean hard, knocked him into my cart and then he fell on the ground. I wasn't very happy with her. Hello, how big of a hurry are you in? Poor thing... I felt bad for him and then he kept saying "I want Daddy" which made me a little sad.


Battle wounds from Home Depot


After M's head injury we went to McDonald's and got a Happy Meal and took it to the park for a little picnic because I felt sad for him. Believe it or not, there are worse things to eat. They each get chicken nuggets, apples and a juice box. Not too shabby really. Anyways, we were at the park, eating our little picnic when he says "I have to go potty". So we pack all of our stuff away, go to a port-a-potty (yuck), he goes potty and then we have to wash our hands in a drinking fountain (because there isn't anything else and the car is a mile away). So we get back and finish eating and they are playing a little and then he tells me "uh, oh, now I have to go POOP". Say what? So I gather everything up, we're running back to the car. K's having a fit, scratching me (she can be really mean) and off we go. While we're in the car he's acting like he doesn't even have to go anymore. I ask him, "can Mommy get the mail, do you still have to go poop." He says, "yeah Mommy, you can get the mail... it's not coming out now." Then he says, "my poops saying, NO NO, I want to stay in here." We are all cracking up on the way home. Kids are just too funny.

Tonight before bed I was reading M a book and it had a helicopter in it. I told him that he has been in a helicopter before. He said "when". I told him that when Mommy and Daddy went to Hawaii we went on a helicopter ride and he was in my tummy. He said very seriously "how did I get out of there?" This is the second time in about a week that this question has come up. What do I tell him? I'm not sure where to go with this. I just said "when you decide to come out, you just come out." And quickly changed the subject.

K's new thing is she says "oh, cool" for different things. Also, tonight I was having problems with my computer and she came up and said "oh my goodness." Her vocabulary is amazing. She is also walking around and singing Happy Birthday to herself. It's pretty funny. Today she came up to me and gave me a sprinkler part and said "happy birthday Mommy." So cute.

Thats all for tonight. I know lots of reading... probably very boring for most of you.

No comments: