Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

K's Birthday Celebration at Granny's

I was going to wait and post these on her actual birthday (Saturday) but I'm sure I'll have more pictures to post on that day. My mom and Sue, Jim and Lacie had a little birthday party for K when we stopped for the night on our way back home from vacation. We had pizza, opened gifts and Lacie baked a cake. K really tore into her gifts, she was very into it. Lots of fun.


Pizza. She's been eating really well lately. She's pretty grubby there. Keep in mind we had been in the car all day. Plus she drools SO MUCH. Willy, (our daycare provider) says she drools more than any child she's EVER taken care of (in 20 years).


Granny gave her a bunch of dress-up stuff.


Here she is giving us a wave. We MADE her try some of the clothes on. We got a lot of "don't like it's."


Aunt Sue got her the movie Babe. Of course she liked it. It had pigs on it.


Lacie made this cake for her. It was chocolate and she added chocolate chips to add to the yumminess (is that a word?)


I haven't blogged for a while. I have been exhausted. Since we've come back Brian and I have been working opposites and M has been very difficult. I don't know if he was overly tired from being on vacation and out of our routine or what. He's been very mean to his sister as well as Brian and I which just isn't him. Yesterday he needed 6 or 7 time outs. On one of the time outs, I was taking him downstairs to our time out spot (on the bottom of the stairs) and he was smiling. I was so angry I said "don't smile at me"... I know probably not the most mature thing for me to say. He got to the bottom of the stairs and looked me right in the eyes and gave me the biggest teethy smile ever. Ooooh. I was mad. Then he would sit in time out and scream at the top of his lungs. I told him I would ad extra time if he kept making noise and he stopped. Brian said he had the hardest day he has ever had with the kids on Saturday. Why do the hard days with the kids seem so long? Today was much better. M and I had a long talk before he went to bed last night. I asked him if he liked seeing my grumpy all day and explained that he had to be nice to K. We wouldn't tolerate anything else and he would spend a lot of time on time out. It must have done something because I could tell by 9 am that it was going to be a better day. At K's nap he and I made rice crispy treats and I told him if he didn't get any time outs all day we would have one tonight. He was very good. We worked on learning his letters today and during the bedtime routine he said "thank you for teaching me my letters today... it makes me love you." He says that a lot about different things.

K has been very good. She makes me laugh a lot and entertains herself most of the time. Today we were in the grocery store and I was singing to her while we were shopping and she kept pushing at me and saying "stop it" over and over. Then there was another little girl in the store and her dad was making small talk with me about our kids and he told the little girl to say hi to K and tell her happy birthday (I told him she would be 2 on Saturday). K wouldn't even look at this little girl and when I told her to say hi to her she said "don't like it" and "stop it" and was such a little brat. How embarrassing it that? What do I say?

Yesterday K and I went to a MOMS Club event at Burberry Park while M was in school. They had a scavenger hunt and picnic. There were a lot of moms there and we had a really nice time. I met a few new people which is always nice.

No comments: