Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Funderland

Yesterday Dyan and I went to Dinner My Way and prepared 6 meals. It really is the way to go. A whole lot more fun than preparing (and cleaning up) at home. We had our coffee/diet coke, the music was playing and we had a good time making most of the same meals. After we were done (we didn't want to go home quite so soon) we went to BJ's for lunch before heading home (and to reality). Amongst other things I made Bacon Wrapped Chicken, Asian Been, Carne Asada and Bruschetta Chicken. Brian and I tried our first meal last night... the Asian Beef and it was delicious. Dyan had Apricot Glazed Pork Chops tonight and said it was yummy. This will definately be a monthly event. It's more cost effective than buying the food from the store and preparing it at home.

The Chefs.

It's so organized, you really could do 6 meals in 1 or 1 1/2 hours but we weren't in any hurry.

This morning I wanted to get the kids out of the house and do something fun while the weather was so nice so we headed off to the zoo. We go very often because of our membership. We had a little change of plans once we got to Land Park and decided to go to Funderland instead. We have never been before. It just has a lot of little rides, the perfect size for toddlers. The kids had so much fun and rode 7 or 8 rides each. M is growing up right before my eyes. We were riding the carousel (the fastest one I've ever been on, my gosh) and I was standing in between him and K. I had my hand on his back and he said "get your hand off me, I don't need it."

Then tonight when we got home for some reason he walked upstairs, went into his room and made his bed... perfectly. I don't know where that came from. He's never done that before and I've never asked him to. When I asked him why he said, "I just thought I could, so I did." Simple as that.


K wasn't too sure about the Octopus ride the first time but kept asking to go on it again. She was fine the second time for a few minutes and then kept repeating "all done, want off."


I had to go with K on this log ride so M had to go by himself. I was a little worried about him because he can be a real chicken but he loved it and was sure proud of himself when he got off. He asked to go again right away.


M and I thought the teacups were fun. He kept saying "faster, faster" but I was afraid K would throw up. She looked pretty dizzy after the ride. Look at that cute smile M had.


We were supposed to share this corn dog (K and I). She ate it like corn on the cob and hardly shared any of it!!


This first time, M went by himself and I rode with K. The second time around I was able to stand on the sidelines. I'm so glad the kids are growing up a little and I am able to JUST WATCH once in a while. They had a blast on this. M was at the controls and kept going up as high as he could.

The kids were very good today, played well with each other and were just a lot of fun to be around. The key is how much sleep M gets. If he goes to bed even one hour late, he is a grouch and miserable the next day. My mom says he's exactly like me... I disagree!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a busy week! Looks like fun. Great pictures too!