Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dylan and Brenda's Wedding

Wow, has it been a busy week. Friday night my mom came into town to watch the kids (thank goodness) so we could go to the rehearsal dinner. The dinner was at the Forrester in Camino. Such a beautiful area. Brian was best man for the wedding. He and Dylan have known each other for about 10 years (I think) and worked together for Lake Valley Fire Department in South Lake Tahoe.

We got back into town from the wedding on Sunday and my mom went home. We decided to have an easy day and celebrated Father's Day by hanging out and swimming at The Club. The kids are part fish these days. They enjoy swimming so much and are just worn out after. I worked a 15 hour shift on Monday and an 8 hour shift on Tuesday so I have just been exhausted since (I'm old). As an LVN I worked long shifts like that and went out and partied after, woke up the next day and did it again. No more of that.


Brian and I at the wedding.


I love this one of Brian before the wedding.


I was getting sleepy and couldn't decide between a coffee and a beer so Brian suggested I have both (at the same time). I might add, it's not really the best combination. Yes, we had already had a few cocktails by now. (and a sober driver)


Brian gave the most wonderful speech. He talked about the brotherhood that he and Dylan share and some of the things Dylan has taught him. He really is a natural at public speaking. The audience was captivated.

The other day M said I was a "Bossy-Lady-Mommy" and called Brian a "Macho-Man-Daddy!!" He must be getting these things from the playground at school. This morning when I dropped him off he said, "have a good day, good sport." He sure makes me laugh sometimes. K was quite a pill today... she has been for the past few days. I'm not sure if she's getting her molars or what. She cried all the way to Woodland because she didn't like what she was wearing and said "want jammies on!" She is having these fits now where she gets jumping mad. She'll scream and jump up and down yelling and crying. It really is hard not to laugh at that.

Will write more later. Melissa

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey-Bossy-Lady-Mom,
That picture of you and Brian cracks me us, it looks like he is trying to hog the picture. I also love the one of you with the beer and coffee. You are so funny.