Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Around the house

Today was a nice day around here with just M. K went to daycare. This morning we went to the movies with M and Dyan (D was at preschool). We saw Rugrats in Paris... definately not the best movie I've seen but it was entertaining. The kids were good for 1 hour and 15 minutes before they started getting bored (I was too). Throughout the summer, Regal Cinemas has free movies for the kids every Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10:00 am. You can't beat that, if they get bored you can just leave and not feel like you wasted any money. After the movies, we all went to lunch. Dyan is going back home for 3 weeks. I'll miss her and probably lose my sanity without her here to talk to. When we got home I was able to watch one of my favorite shows in peace... The Deadliest Catch. I enjoy that show so much, I feel like I low each of the characters. Brian laughs at me and asks me if I'm going to watch Black Gold too. He's not much of a reality TV buff. Afterwards, we did a craft project which I enjoyed also. Before I knew it, it was time to get K. Amazing how fast the clock moves when you only have one or zero kids.

The kids have been very good lately. Yesterday M had a time out though (probably for beating on K) and during the time out he kept yelling at me "I don't like you and I want you to go to work all of the time." Not one of the joyous motherhood moments I had imagined before I had children. By bedtime we were friends again. He told me I was his best friend during his milk and then before I closed his door while he was going to be he said, "mom, you're my girlfriend and I'm your boyfriend." Earlier in the day he had called me his "favorite angel."

My concerns for the kids in regards to their personalities are that I'm afraid M won't come out of his shell and will always be the quiet kid and won't be more outspoken (I know, he's only 4). His personality is difficulty to describe. One on one or with just a few kids around with a teacher he's fine, he talks the swim teachers leg off but when he's in a classroom and called upon he freezes. He always looks a little awkward when I drop him off at school for a few minutes being around the other kids. Thankfully when I pick him up, he's fine and playing with everyone. I think he needs to warm up a little.

And for K, just the opposite, I'm afraid that she'll be perceived as a brat (which she really isn't). She's just very outspoken. If she doesn't want to do something, trust me, you can't talk her into it. During swim class, when she's doesn't want to do it anymore she'll yell, "all done, wanna go home, need a towel." Loudly, over and over and she doesn't care who hears it. She is very hard headed and knows what she wants... very independent. She isn't afraid of new situations. The other day while on our field trip to the zoo with M's class, she had no problems being the only girl (let alone the only 2 year old) playing on this stage thing. One of the other boys must be taking karate classes and was practicing his kicks and she was right there laughing with him and practicing kicks as well. She'll swing those arms and walk into the park and say to everyone, "I'm K."


K making a fashion statement. Notice the BIG GIRL panties. Potty training is going well. She'll always go at least a little when you put her on the potty but she won't always tell you. She'll do anything for candy! Much easier than M was.


M looking in his photo album. (random shot around the house)


The art project we did today (I think I enjoyed it more than him). They are sun-catchers that you paint. They have tons of different ones at Walmart and they are super cheap. He was excited I surprised him with the pirate one.


The finished product (took him about 3 minutes). By the time I set everything up and started on mine, he was done!

Will write more tomorrow. Off to clean and pack lunches (one of my least favorites things to do at night and I'm not sure why).

No comments: