Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Congratulations Jim and Sue

Saturday night we had a surprise party for Jim and Sue's 25th wedding anniversary. My mom and I have been working on this for about 6 months and can you believe it went off without a hitch! It was a complete surprise which is amazing because Coalinga is such a small town I thought for sure someone would spill the beans. They thought they were going out to dinner with Gail and Gerard but on the way Gerard said he had to stop by the Parks and Recreation because a keg he had there wasn't working (he owns a liquor store). They walked in and were greeted by 75-85 of their closest friends. Sue said "I thought it was strange that I knew everyone at this party." Dingbat. It was so much fun. The food was delicious, the decorations turned out gorgeous (Gerbera Daisies, black napkins, white tablecloths and lots of balloons) and the DJ played fun music. Classic rock stuff. Everyone was there to have a good time. Brian and I had a sitter watch the kids at my moms house. I took 250 pictures so it was difficult to narrow this post down to a few.

Right after the "surprise". Both of their faces were beet red.

The happy couple after 25 years of marriage. I have to laugh because they always strike this same pose for every picture.


The girls had to get the party started and eventually the boys came out to dance too.


Brian was taking a picture of Carol (my sister) and I and she said something funny so we both couldn't stop laughing for the picture. I love this one though. We have the same noses don't we? I wish we could see each other more because when we do get together it's so much fun. We think alike that's for sure.

We were sitting at the table and my sister made a wise crack about how she could sing this song better than the singer (don't remember which song it was) so I couldn't help myself... I ran over to the DJ and got the cordless microphone for her. Yes, I threw her under the bus with that one but we all laughed so hard.


The Hall.


Couldn't resist. Had to post these beautiful centerpieces. They were just the right size, not to tall to talk over.

Will write more later... off to get M from preschool.
Melissa

No comments: