Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lollipops!!

Lollipops... hate em'. Let me explain, I've had 2 huge fits in the last 2 days over lollipops!! Yesterday K had her last swim class and they give lollipops out with a little certificate. Well, M's last day of swim class wasn't until tonight so of course, he saw that she got one and threw a little fit at the pool. Finally, I was just frustrated so I told him to go and ask his teacher if he wanted one but I wasn't going too. Well, she calmly explained to him that he would get his today. The entire way home he kept saying "I'm so sad!!". (over and over in the most whiny, annoying voice ever). I'm not joking, he said it at least 20 times. Finally I said, I'm sad too because you won't stop whining, what would you like me to do? That didn't go over well, he screamed "no you're not". I offered him a "smaller" one at home and he took it but wasn't happy about it.

Then today while M was in school, K and I went to The Club and after I picked her up from Child Care she got a lollipop. She always gets the purple one (thinking it's grape). Well, today I didn't notice until we were in the car but she got the Mystery Flavor and it was blue. (gasp) Let me tell you, she held it in her hand (without taking one lick) and cried for 3o minutes while we went to get M. If looks could kill... I'd be dead. She was so mad at me, she wouldn't even look at me. She never ate it either.

M wore goggles today for his swim lesson and did so well. He is kind of swimming underwater now. He loves it and he really liked his teacher. He'll have a new teacher Monday. K takes a 2 week break and then starts a Level 2 class with M.

So ready for Brian to get home... all was fine until this afternoon. He's been on a 72 hour shift. The kids were fighting, M was trying to hit the dog with the fake fish on his fishing pole (launching it at him). I bought K a My Little Pony at Target today and M kept grabbing it and running from her. He was being a little stinker. I put him on time out and he kept sticking his tongue out at me and scooting to the bottom of the steps and when I came around the corner he would run back up. He lost a few toys and had about a 10 minute time out for that. All of this while I'm trying to prepare dinner, of course. There's a good chance Brian will have to go on one of those fires... I'm just hoping it won't be until Sunday or Monday. I'll have to call in to work those days but what else can I do? Not having any family around here makes things so hard... and lonely at times. Strange that you can be lonely yet never be alone. I almost always have at least one child with me at all times.

Found another food K will eat... baked potatoes. (of course, the carb/sugar girl, huh) She kept saying deeeeelicious while she was eating it. Her definate favorite food right now is pancakes. She'll ask for them every meal.


My first try with a self-timer. K was like "what are you doing." It's a little blurry but at least we're both in there.


K and I did crafts while M was in school.


She's careful.

Not sure when I'll have time to blog again. I work a lot this week.
Melissa

1 comment:

Katie said...

I wish you could have seen Amanda when she was small. You would have felt so much better about your drama with M. Well, you know her now, so you can imagine! Jason just left this morning at 1 to go back up to the Humboldt Fire.