Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Swim Class

K was very excited for her swim class (she is part fish) but M wasn't so sure. He really wanted me to be in the water with me. I was in the same pool but a little ways down with K. (Parent-Tot Class) We saw one of the teachers from last year and he was talking to M. M was getting embarrassed and I guess to make small talk he said "my Daddy's a firefighter, actually he's a Captain." The teacher said "oh, really", then M proceeded to tell him about his shark swim shoes. It was hilarious. I kind of wish he would have gotten him this year but his current teacher seems great too. When it was time for class to start he just walked onto the step and told the teacher "I'm M". I peeked in on him every now and then and it seemed like he was doing really well. He was monkey-climbing down the side of the pool, used the noodle and floated on his back a little while kicking although he looked a little nervous with this.

K was her crazy self as usual. She loved the water and didn't mind that it was cold. While a lot of the other kids were screaming she was laughing with her loud bear laugh. I dunked her under a few times while we all sang "I'm a Little Teapot" and it didn't bother her a bit. For the first 10 minutes she kept trying to pull my hands off her and saying "let go, I do it." The teacher was cracking up and said she'd never seen anything like it. After class was out she screamed and threw a fit for 30 minutes because she wanted to keep swimming. It was a real joy trying to get her cover up and shoes on as you might imagine. She has NO nervousness in the water or in any given social situation really. She'll walk into a play area swinging her arms around like she owns the place. She's loud, boisterous, independent and fun loving. She has to do everything herself now (get in the car, close the doors, fasten herself in he seat, brush her own teeth, etc) and boy if she can't watch out. When we got home we were rolling around and playing on the floor and she laughed ha, ha, ha, "I'm funny." I want her to stay this small and cute.

M made his bed again today without even being asked. I'm not sure why, but I like it! Well, that's all of now. I'm beat and can't wait for Brian to get home tomorrow.


On our way to swim class.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What have you done to that poor kid? Making his bed without asking him...what the heck is up with that??? (I am so jealous, my 17 year old won't even make his bed), as a matter of fact, I really can't remember the last time I even washed any of his sheets. (ewww, that is yucky)