Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Catching up

I've been too busy to blog. We've been trying to catch up on some of the chores around here and I worked the last 2 days. The kids have been fighting with each other like crazy... I have a feeling we have about 14 more years of that ahead of us (if M's out at 18). If they would just be nice to each other it would be so much easier. Yesterday Brian said K hit M (just really clobbered him) and M started crying very dramatically. He took K over to put her on time out and M instantly stopped crying and with a perfectly clear voice said "is K on time out?" (once he realized she was on time out the pain magically went away). The other day, M and K were playing in K's OLD crib and he pushed her down very hard. He stopped and looked at me and said, "I'll go on time out now". He went downstairs, sat on the designated step and even got the timer!




Tonight they are having an event at The Club. It's a night of beer-tasting, so we are meeting Dyan and Monte there. I'm looking forward to some adult time.

Tomorrow Dyan and I are going to Dinner My Way in the morning to prepare 6 meals. Strangely I'm looking forward to it. They do all the prep and clean-up. All you have to do is just assemble the dinners. We'll have fun I'm sure.

I just got word today that M will be moving up to the Red or Yellow room on June 9th. PRE-K!! What??? I am a little sad because I love the teacher that he has now but sometimes change is good. I would love someone that will push him a little harder and hopefully help him to not be so shy in front of his classmates. He does really well during activites and plays with all of the other kids with no problem but if she asks him something during circle time (even if she's sure he knows it) he get really embarrassed and quiet and says "I don't know."

I couldn't help but include a few pictures. Last weekend when we rode the train we put quarters out on the tracks so when the train came by it would flatten them out. I had never done that before. Here are some pictures of the kids with their money.






Too bad they wouldn't look.

Well, I'm off to play Zingo with M. A birthday gift from Aunt Sharon which we love.

No comments: