Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

Sacramento River Train and Big Girl Bed

There are going to be lots of pictures today. We've moved K to a "big girl bed" and I took so many photos to share of this milestone. She didn't have any problems with it. She isn't scared of anything (except night-lights and bugs) and she adapts to change very well. On Friday we brought the bed up here and put it in the loft area (so she could get used to it a little). She was so excited and immediately laid down on it and wanted her sheep and blanket. I think she would have gone to sleep right then and there (it was 10 am). Yesterday we were in M's room and Brian started dragging it into her room and she started screaming "my bed, my bed". She helped with the sheets and comforter and we all laid in the bed for a few minutes. She loved it. We weren't sure how she would do with nap and bed time but she did fine. Didn't get up once. Yeah, now we need to just get the crib out of there. With M we left the crib in the room just in case it didn't go well but we definately aren't going to need it. She loves going to bed.

A little story. Yesterday M and I were laying together and he touched my nose very lovingly and said "your nose is cute." Also yesterday I put M on a time out (which really do work by the way) and he kept telling me over and over "you are not my sweetie pie anymore and you are never ever my friend."

We're a little sad this morning because the play structure at one of our favorite parks (Fort Natomas) was burned to the ground last night by an arsonist. This is the 2nd time it's happened in 2 years. It took a lot of volunteers and donations to rebuild it last time and I hope they will try to rebuild again but I'm not sure if they will. I can't imagine why someone would do that. The kids enjoyed playing there so much.

Here's a video on the fire in 2006.
Fort Natomas Fire

Here comes the bed.


Playing on her new bed.


Daddy reading to K on her new bed (in the loft).

"Cozy" as she would say.


Horrible picture of me. I had been awake for about 5 minutes before this picture but here it is anyways. We are all in K's bed in her room.


Night, night beautiful girl.


Sacramento River Train - I can't believe they are all looking AND smiling.


I like this one of K and I.


M wouldn't look at the camera.


The conductor put his hat on M and he got embarrassed.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love the one of M in the conductor's hat, it is priceless.