Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm back

Boy have I been a bad blogger lately. I can't tell you how busy I've been. Brian and I have been working overtime because over the winter we just weren't able to get ANY. I could work everyday this month if I wanted to. The bummer is that I don't feel like we've seen each other much lately... or had a lot of quality time together. I'm excited for June 14th because Brian is best man in Dylan's wedding and I got my mom to come up and watch the kids on Friday for the rehearsal dinner and Saturday for the wedding.

Friday I met Dyan and Monte at The Club for cocktails and bingo (we only get 1 1/2 hours to hang out because of the child care) but it was really a lot of fun. We played for about an hour and Dyan and I both got Bingo's. Brian got home from work that night around 8 pm and put the kids to bed for me... big thanks for that.

Saturday we all went to The Spirit of Natomas at one of the parks here. It was scorching hot outside but nice to be together. They had a bounce house, different booths, music and food. M was bummed because the Fire Department was supposed to be there with an engine but they didn't show up. He told us they were probably at a fire. After the event and K's nap we went to The Club to swim. The kids had a blast. Too bad M is kind of starting off at square one with the swimming again. He just doesn't like to go under or have water on his face. He loves playing in the water but is just a little scared. K on the other hand loved it and told me about 5 times "I'm having fun, Mommy." The toddler pool is going to be so easy this year. Dyan, Monte and the kids met us there and all of the kids played together while we chatted. It is getting so much easier to get out and do things now that they are getting a little older.

Sunday I worked an evening shift (3 - 11:30) and then back Monday morning for a (7a - 7p). I got about 5 hours sleep and boy am I feeling it today. Brian is gone until Thursday.

Here are a few pictures from the past few days.

My Mother's Day gift from M. They made all of this at school. The Book of Kisses is a coupon book to get kisses from M. They put lipstick on the kids and had them kiss each page. The spoon has 2 hershey's kisses on it and says "Dear Mom, a spoonful of love and a couple of wishes, hope you enjoy your Mother's Day Kisses." They made soap and the purple heart is a pin and has buttons all over it. The card that came with the pin says "This little heart I give to you, filled with buttons of every hue. On this Happy Mothers Day I love you in every way." He couldn't wait to give it too me and loves looking at all of the things he made. I had to wear the button pin all day.


This was in the bag too. I forgot to include it in the first picture.
Like I said, he loves to wear hoods.


The to the Spirit of Natomas event. I love the cute hats.


Poor Roscoe, he didn't even move. He lets her do whatever she want to him.


She let out a big Ta Da here. Oh yeah, he left them on.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I treasure my old Mother's Day gifts. Seeing your picture brought back all kinds of good memories!