Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

M's doctor's appointment

Yesterday M had his 4 year old routine checkup with the doctor. They were so thorough with him. They checked his visual acuity which was 20/20 and 20/40. I guess it's normal for their vision not to be perfect yet. His weight was 37.1 pounds and 39 1/2 inches tall. He is around 50 - 60 % on the growth chart for height and weight. There was a mix-up with the appointment so we didn't get to see his regular doctor. We saw Dr. Yu instead. He was wonderful and had been in the business a very long time. M was on his best behavior... did everything he asked him to do. He turned his head from side to side, opened his mouth to say aaah, breathed in and out as requested... the works. When the appointment was all over, Dr. Yu gave us the most wonderful compliment. He said he's been doing this a long time and not very often does he see a little boy that is as well behaved as M was. He couldn't believe how calm he was and how he paid attention to everything he said. He got right down to M's level and told him, "M, you're a good boy and I'm very proud of you... you keep up the good work and study hard and learn a lot in school." He said "I'm very impressed with you're behavior." This was the good M.

After his appointment we went to get his shots. I was honest with M and told him he was going to get an owie (I hate it when parents are not truthful about things like that). He cried and moaned a little but then started playing in the play area.... UNTIL they called his name. I was so embarrassed because he was screaming and running away from me and I had to chase him around the play area to catch him. He was kicking and screaming a little on the way in. After the shots were over (3 in one leg I might add... whatever happened to using both legs so one little muscle doesn't get so sore) he cried for a few minutes but he was more mad at ME than anything. AT LEAST 10 times on the way to the car I got "I don't like you, NEVER, EVER!!" He repeated this OVER and OVER. He slept the entire way home... poor guy. He liked me again about 2 hours later. At bedtime he told me I was his "sweet pie."

Tonight Dyan brought her little ones over so I could watch them for her. She had a meeting at D'd kindergarten. The kids were all so good. They played together really well. We did everything... karaoke, books, puzzles, Zingo, popsicles, played outside, sandbox... anything I could think of to keep them occupied. I just can't imagine having 4 kids!! The cutest part of the night for me was when M and D (Dyan's boy) were sitting on the couch and they were reading books together that we got from the library. M was teaching him about all of the spiders in the book. We've only read it 2 or 3 times but he sure remembers things like that (not so good with his letters yet though). He was telling him, "that's a brown recluse, and see how the spider catches the wasp in his web so he can eat it, and look how hairy the tarantula is, and the most dangerous spider is the black widow spider, and look at that spider... he actually jumps across the water." So cute... he is really smart in that way. When they left to go home he ran out to tell D (Dyan's boy) that he loved him. D didn't say anything back so when M got up to the front door with me he said "I know D loves us Mom." He really is so lovey... I feel like I'm constantly saying how sweet he can be on here but he really is. When we lay in my bed he always insists that I lay right by him (sharing the same pillow) and tonight he touched my arm and said "I love you Mom". I replied "I love you more, buddy" and he said "I love you more too... we just BOTH do, Mom."


Here are the gifts M and I made for the Grandma's and Aunt Sue for Mother's Day. We painted the pots and glued the jewels on (M did most of it himself).


Here they are with their presents.


Grandpa trying out the new bike. A little small?

Off to bed, I'm going to be tired tomorrow!! Mel

No comments: