Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just chatter

Today the kids and I went to Fort Natomas to play even though it was horribly windy... there was even a wind advisory! After we had been playing there a little while I started noticing some branches were falling and it looked a little dangerous so we started playing on the other side of the park. Before we left the Parks and Rec stopped by and noticed the same thing and closed the park down. That's all I need... a concussion or worse. I am such a dork... yesterday while walking M into school I fell, and I mean fell. Thank god nobody saw me. I honestly can't believe my ankle isn't broken. I heard what sounded like cracking and popping. It's a little sore today but not broken, I can walk on it and everything. I also bruised my hand and scratched up my knee. M just looked at me, not really knowing what to do or say. He didn't offer to help me up either!! I had to hobble in to drop him off. How embarrassing that would have been if other parents or teachers saw this happen. He's been checking on the owie on my leg all day today.

Today is one of the those days where I really feel like I was a good mom. I played with the kids a lot, fed them well and was in a good mood all day. This morning M and I did this Preschool Scholar workbook. I had done something similar with him a few months ago and he wasn't interested and didn't do very well. I was shocked, he knew a lot of his numbers, he totally got the "which one doesn't belong", "largest to smallest and the same", and he was able to count things and find the appropriate number. He really enjoyed it, I'm going to have to buy more of those because we almost finished the entire book.

I tried reading books to both kids at the same time in my bed tonight. For 2 reasons, so they could each get to read more books and I could save myself a little time. It didn't work. K just wasn't into it and they like different books and their alone time with me. Plus, I shouldn't change any of our routine right now because we're moving K to a big girl bed on Saturday night and I want things to go well. I'm excited but a little saddened by the fact that I'll never need a crib again. Definately not enough to want another one though.


During K's nap we made a bracelet with our new beads. He loves them because they are ocean colors and the have beads that look like seahorses, shells and starfish. He wants to give it to Dyan and couldn't wait to tell her on the phone.


What concentration.


Just silliness.


After dinner, I made frozen bananas dipped in chocolate. They really loved THE CHOCOLATE but whined about eating the banana.


Here's M scraping off the chocolate.

No comments: