Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Thank you Brian

I've been so sick since Thursday night so I haven't had the energy to blog. Kyla woke up at midnight on Thursday and while I was dealing with her I started vomiting and was sick all night and didn't really start feeling better until today. Body achy, headache, stomachache, nausea... the works. No energy at all. I owe a huge thanks to my wonderful husband for not only listening to me moan and groan about not feeling well but for watching the kids and doing EVERYTHING for 3 days!! He let me sleep the entire time and rest... thank goodness because I was so weak and tired. He kept telling me "I got this" and to go upstairs and sleep until I felt better.

The other very nice thing that he did was let me go to the outlets with Dyan this morning (even though he has had the kids all weekend by himself) and not only watch our 2 kids but had Dyan bring M (her little girl) over and he watched her also. He said "what's 1 more, if I'm going to watch our 2". He watched all 3 of the kids, played and had fed them lunch (grilled cheese's and strawberries) by the time we got home at 12:45. I don't know of many hubby's that would babysit someone else's kids as well as our own. I love that we give each other free time and there are never any arguments about it. He always says "did you like to hang out with your friends or just be alone before you had kids... well, that doesn't change just because you had them". He encourages me to get out and do things I enjoy even if it means he has to stay home with the kids. I'm very lucky. Thank you Brian for a very relaxing morning of shopping and girl time. (I didn't spend too much)

We took Roscoe and the kids to the Dog Park which just opened near us and went out for dinner tonight. Now that I feel better, I'm starving. It was so nice here today.

This morning M said "mom, when I'm bigger I'm going to drive YOU to Starbuck's and get you a coffee". He can be the sweetest. He was kind of crabby the rest of the day and actually had to have a few time outs. I think M will be very sensitive and kind and will probably make a wonderful husband to a very lucky girl someday. He's also very bright and is into making up his own songs and singing them to us. They are so cute, I wish I would have written down the words.

K can almost sing the entire ABC's... she loves music and to sing. She sings This Old Man all the time. I'm not sure where she learned it. She also loves Twinkle, Twinkle. I think she'll be very outspoken and social. Athletic. I do thinks she'll be a challenge as a teenager.

A few pictures so it's not all words.


M and I finger painting


At a park in San Francisco... brrr, it was so cold.


Just playing, learning Manual Mode some more.


More finger painting photos. Rainy day.

Goodnight for now... Melissa

No comments: