Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Funtastic!

This morning the kids and I went to the Funtastic Play Center. It's kind of like a really big, much cleaner McDonald's Playland. It's totally kid friendly and safe and has a cafe for a hot cup of joe in side. The kiddos had so much fun climbing and jumping and playing with all of the other children there. M was sweating he was playing so hard. We were there about 2 1/2 hours. K enjoyed it for about 2 hours and the last 30 minutes were filled with "wanna go" over and over and very loudly. I had packed a wonderful lunch to eat there but they wouldn't let us bring food in (didn't know that) so we drove around in search of cranky's (cranes for those of you who don't have kids... Thomas the Train) to park and watch while we ate our lunch in the car. I wasn't about to make a mess in the house if we didn't have to and I had been talking about our "picnic". We found a "cranky" near our house and watched him work while we at our lunch.

Brian has been gone all week! The kids have been pretty good and we've been doing a lot of fun things but I am definately ready for him to get home. I miss his companionship. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be a single parent. I do feel like I'm a single parent 1/3 of the time (when Brian's at work) and 1/3 of the time I'm at work. I think he is really enjoying himself in San Diego... I'm so jealous. He went out to a big Mardi Gras celebration last night. Thank goodness he'll be home soon.

My favorite things from today...

1. An unsolicited "because I love you" from M today. Just doesn't happen as much as it used to. He's growing up so fast.

2. Laughing at K walking around with 2 "fies" in her mouth this morning (pacifiers).

3. Being able to drink a HOT cup of coffee and relax at a table with a magazine while the kids played at Funtastic. I felt like an adult again. It was short lived though. They kept wanting me to play with them.

4. Watching Tom and Jerry in my bed with the kids tonight before putting them to bed. Laughing out loud. Sometimes M holds my hand while we watch it.

5. The BIG bear hug K gives me every morning when I go in to get her out of her crib. She will hold on to me and cuddle me until I put her down.


Least Favorite things from today...

1. As I'm on the computer this morning I hear Mason yell "mom, you have to come and see this". I'm half asleep on the computer and I grumpily say "what"... thinking it's a toy commercial. Mason says "Roscoe POOPED in your room". That got me up and running! Thank god, just a little and it was on his blanket!! What's up with that. He's only done that one other time.

2. As with everyday... dinnertime. I don't know what it is with my children. Even if I give them what they like "toddler food". They don't eat and they whine the entire time. The second you sit down and try to eat your food they NEED or WANT something or they drop something on the floor or whatever. Then you finally get to sit down and eat your cold food and they are all done. K will repeat "all done" until you get her down. Not peaceful or relaxing. They are usually quite cranky by that time of the day and I swear my kids just don't have an appetite. I think I could just forget to feed them all day and they wouldn't say a thing.

I don't think I have anything else. Today was a pretty nice day.


Here are a few pictures from our day. Still trying to learn how to shoot in Manual Mode. Most of the pictures didn't turn out well (should have just used Auto Mode) but if I don't practice, I'll never learn, right? The lighting was terrible and M and K were on the move the entire time.


There's lots of soft things to jump and play on.



They have a room to color in. K kept going in and out of there and coloring. After each time she would sing "clean up, clean up" and put all of her colors and paper away. Do you think she'll stay that way? Doubt it.





M and his new friend. They had a blast together.

No comments: