Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Brian and I carved our pumpkins with the kids on Tuesday. Really, I think WE carved the pumpkins. They were interested in it a little but mostly just wanted to play outside. My pumpkin had a silly face and Brian did a pirate pumpkin face (off a pattern). His turned out really cool but I didn't take a picture. He finished while I was putting the kids to bed.

Funny - Last week I used Brian's razor and cut my leg really bad. (M brought me a band-aid... how sweet, huh?) Well, now I have a really ugly scab and for some reason, M is very interested in it. So the other day he was looking at it and said, "how come you have that?" I told him it was from my cut so then he said, "my skin grows back!!"

K has been quite a pill lately. When you ask her to do something or usually to stop doing something she simply says, "no." Then follows it with a very mischievous smile. She's not staying on time out anymore either. I wanted to get them each a very small toy at Target yesterday. M chose a Nerf Gun with a laser light that shoots these soft darts that stick to walls and stuff. Actually really fun, and it was cheap! He's played with it since and he thinks it's hilarious to shoot my bottom!! Well, I found the best toy for K. It was a learning toy with all of the alphabet and it played music. She looked at it for a second and said, " I don't want this toy, this is a baby toy. I'm a big girl." Stinker. We ended up getting her a container of about 30 animals that came with fences and trees and she loves it.


Here they are trying to scape out the insides.


My cooperative child with photographs. Unlike K.


Finally a decent one of K and I. Unfortunately I can't help that it's so dark.


Cute, huh?


The ceremonial lighting.


My pumpkin lit up with all it's glory.

More later.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love it! Okay our pumpkin didn't come out nearly as cute, and the boys didn't have any interest at all. They knew I made cookies after and that's all they really wanted. I think I am going to try letting them paint there pumpkins next year. Maybe they would get more in to it!