Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wild Ocean 3D

M usually asks me in the morning if he has to go to school... and today was no exception. Then he asked me if K had to go. When I told him no, he asked how come she never has to go to school but he doesn't. He nicely told me that he would really like it if she went to school so we could do something fun together. In a nice way, not bratty at all. So, I had been thinking about taking him to see Wild Ocean 3D at the Imax Theatre and decided we should go today. He's never been to a 3D movie before. We dropped K off at Kidspark (which she loved), browsed around at the Halloween Superstore for a few minutes and headed for the Imax. He was excited and I could tell really enjoyed his time alone with me. Little sisters can be a real drag, you know.

The movie was awesome. Made you feel like you were underwater. 3D movies have sure come a long way. I felt myself even getting a little motion-sickness in the beginning. M was nervous at first and had a firm grip on my hand but then got was very into the movie. At times, the sharks, dolphins or whatever would appear to be coming straight towards you and he would jump or move a little. It was a good time. I can't wait for The Polar Express 3D to come out. If you haven't seen that movie, it's definitely one to watch this year. I think that will become another Christmas tradition. Here are a few pictures.


My date.


The Esquire Imax Theatre.


Cool shades. They even have kids sizes.

I was going to write a little more tonight and talk about the kids some more but I am just exhausted. How do single parents do it? The kids have been good and I am drained! Brian has been working 72 hour shifts the last 2 tours in a row and I have been doing a little extra too with Skill's Days, MICN ride-along shifts, etc. I can't wait to have days off together.

PC Magazine recently released the Top 100 Undiscovered Websites. Some of them were very interesting. Here are a few that I liked.

The website called Glassbooth lets you assign points to the different issues that matter to you and then tells you who you should vote for in the upcoming election. I don't agree with mine though. Try it and let me know if you agree with yours.

Tot Lol - is a video website designed specifically for children. It is community moderated. It is constantly growing. It is powered by YouTube.

I also like TripIt. You can e-mail them an itinerary of your trip. They will build you an itinerary with extras like the weather, restaurants... etc.

For those of you counting calories, take a look at Calorie Lab. I can't stay on a diet for more than 48 hours and I hate that about myself. I have zero, nada, zilch will-power. It has the calorie count of just about everything and tons of restaurants too.

Melissa

1 comment:

Dyan said...

Glad you and Mason had a good time at the IMAX! Where's a pic of you with those cool shades on??? (lol) I'm going to check out those websites you recommended. I'll let you know what I come up with.