Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Weekend at Michelle's

Last weekend, the kids and I went on a weekend getaway to my friend Michelle's house in Santa Rosa. We've been friends for about 32 years (off and on)!! Funny thing is that she moved to L.A. when we were in the 8th grade and then we kind of lost track of each other... didn't really communicate for about 12 years. You know how it is when you live so far away. Well one day, our moms were talking (in 2000 I think) and somehow they realized that we had the same area code. They thought we may be living close to each other so my mom gave Debbie (Michelle's Mom) my phone number. One day, Michelle called me and we realized we were living about 5 minutes from each other in Santa Rosa! Small world isn't it? I'm surprised we never ran into each other, we were that close. Shopped at the same grocery store and everything. We reconnected and it's like we were never apart. We don't see each other very often but are working on that. We try to talk on the phone to keep in touch. What I love about Michelle is that I can tell her anything and I do mean anything. She never judges, only gives her opinion when asked and is always there when I need her. She always has great parenting advice too. Here are a few pictures. Thanks, Michelle. We had a great time.


They have a lot of property and a nice long driveway. The kids sure loved it. M had so much fun driving this tractor. He really is a pretty good driver.


Do you see the devilish grin on their faces?


It's because I am teasing them and laying across the road... and they are trying to run me over! Stinkers. They were giggling so hard over it.


K's with P (Michelle's son). I love this picture.


If it seems like I have a lot of pictures of the tractor it's because M was on it constantly.


Coloring. See how beautiful her property is? These girls (her twins are 5 years old) and they were my babysitters for the weekend. They helped me with baths, brushed the kids hair and kept a good watch on K for me. I wanted to take them home but Michelle wouldn't let me. They are absolute angels.


Bedtime stories together. Are they cute or what? Michelle and I each read one. Michelle picked and loooooong one and I laughed at her while she gave me the stink-eye!
I picked a short and sweet one.

All for now... Melissa

No comments: